ColdIron Posts: 9,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It could also get your account(s) closed
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    It could also get your account(s) closed

lol why? is it against the rules to buy and sell my holdings whenever I want?
  • Grumpazoid
    Options
    Are the funds in an ISA?

Yes they are an ISA
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Haha could also work in favour

Yeah, you don't understand investment, that is pretty clear.
  • Grumpazoid
    Options
    ChopperST wrote: »
    Depends on the value of your portfolio and how often / how many funds you intend to trade...

Well my annual fee is going to be over £600 with the changes. Iweb don't hold all my current funds though. I've also been looking at interactive investor which do have all my funds, but there are very mixed reviews. However for £90 a year it is very tempting. :mad:
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Grumpazoid wrote: »
    Yes they are an ISA
    2 issues spring to mind
    1. You will have to move all subscriptions made this year, this might or might not be a problem for you
    2. You can only subscribe to one S&S ISA in a single financial year so going forward if your ISA is split it could make contributions and rebalancing problematic
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,291 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lol why? is it against the rules to buy and sell my holdings whenever I want?
    You may not be aware of this but any business can choose to end their relationship with you if they wish, usually giving you advanced notice so that you have time to find another provider. They can do this without telling you why or having to justify their decision (beyond having a plausible motivation that isn't unlawful, such as racism).
  • Grumpazoid
    Options
    2 issues spring to mind
    1. You will have to move all subscriptions made this year, this might or might not be a problem for you
    2. You can only subscribe to one S&S ISA in a single financial year so going forward if your ISA is split it could make contributions and rebalancing problematic

Thanks. I've not made any new contributions in this tax year yet. I already have my ISAs split with CSD and another provider. This has not proved a problem so far as the platforms handle the necessary paperwork and tax certificates when I have transferred
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I only have 22k in VLS 60 fund in my ISA but i will transfer it to Vanguard Investor and hope they keep the low platform charge at the same level for a while yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure