167891012»

Comments

• Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lokolo wrote: »
    Can I just ask what dates everything happened
    edit - actually, just now my balance is nil. So I guess it's underway! Perfect.
    Think my CSD balance went to nil on Friday and appeared on my II account today (Tuesday) . So if the same as mine, all should be done for Thursday maybe.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,287 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aletank wrote: »
    I started my transfer from CSD to Interactive Investor on Tue 21st August, Wednesday 22nd i had a email from II stating all was underway etc
    Today Tuesday 4th Sept all has been transferred and showing in my II account, so 2 weeks all done.
    I transferred 3 funds all in specce (if thats what it's called)
    I called II twice with a couple of questions and both times the phone was answered straight away and my questions answered perfectly.
    To be honest, i was a bit doubtful transferring to II as regards to their customer service reviews etc but i really can't fault them !
    Think there was 1 or 2 days where my CSD account was showing as zero and my II account was also showing zero ! squeaky bum time ! haha
    Wow, that's a massive improvement upon the state of affairs a few years ago. Transfers from HL to II were taking anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months and some people even ended up with different investments on the other side.
  • busy_dad
    Options
    I've transferred three funds from CSD - two appeared last week in my new account. The other one still hasn't appeared despite having a zero balance with CSD for the past week.
    My funds are obviously floating about somewhere in the ether!
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 September 2018 at 8:24PM
    Options
    ruperts wrote: »
    Any particular risks to having vanguard funds on a vanguard platform should something happen to Vanguard?
    Vanguard have $5.1 trillion of assets under management. If something happens to Vanguard, the world is ending
    poppy10
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did an in specie transfer of a GIA and an ISA from CSD to iWeb as the new fees tipped me over the edge

I got the transfer forms to them on the 10th of September (no printer) so in time for the transfer fee waiver. The GIA was complete by the 5th of October and the ISA by today, the 8th of October. Four funds in each account. All very painless especially having read some horror stories on this site. I was prepared for two or three months of chasing both sides. Well done to both parties, it was a piece of cake

The accounts are LTBH and won't see much action, an annual Bed & ISA is all that I'm planning. Early days but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with what I've seen of iWeb so far. If you're familiar with BoS banking the layout will look familiar, unsurprisingly. I have read here that it was basic, no frills, does the job etc but it's exceeded my expectations. Seems to have all the bits and bobs that you would expect easily to hand and clearly laid out. Even the fund/share research pages are easy to use, fast and useful. Customer service isn't quite HL but I hope not to have to use it much. When I enquired about a direct debit mandate, the CS rep couldn't find the forms and directed me to google. At least she phoned me back to say that they didn't offer the facility after all

I'm mildly sad to have left CSD (though I have kept a very small DD mandate with them) as they have always been polite and professional in my dealings with them, but there we are. The new fees would be a flight to Bangkok or a new laptop
  • Grumpazoid
    Options
    My transfer from CSD to II has also gone very well. 3 Isas transferred with regular updates by email. As to their progress. Also II have answer my questions by phone without issue. Just got to wait to receive some dividend payments and the whole thing is complete. Definitely worth it for me for the big saving in fees.
  • MK62
    MK62 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I transferred 2 ISAs from CSD to iWeb.......both started at the end of August.

The first one completed fully on Oct 3rd - the cash part transferred over between Sept 21-27, the ITs between Sept 26-28 and the funds between Sept 21-Oct 3rd......the first date being the date they disappeared from CSD, and the second the date they appeared at iWeb.
    The second one was similar apart from one fund, which is still "missing".....left CSD on Sept 21 and hasn't been seen since...:wink:......I'll give it a few more weeks before I have to start chasing it up ......groan!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure