IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL advice?

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 August 2018 at 10:12PM
    Options
    johnshell wrote: »
    thank you.

Has made me feel a little more at ease.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

don't pay ........ Wait

Same company as DCBL

"Our sister company DCBL (Direct Collection Bailiffs Limited)"

https://dcblegal.co.uk/

You can call this incest
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »

don't pay ........ Wait

Same company as DCBL

"Our sister company DCBL (Direct Collection Bailiffs Limited)"

https://dcblegal.co.uk/

You can call this incest
    Technically they are Connected Companies, as both companies are controlled by the same individual. (Sister companies are controlled by a parent company, not an individual).
  • busby3000
    busby3000 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say I have just received the EXACT same generic letter, except the amount outstanding is now over £600, and I expect to receive another similar as parking was done over 2 consecutive days and apparently incurred 2 parking tickets.

Not wanting to jump in on the back of OPs thread, but rather to point out that the same letter is obviously being used for everyone they are chasing, and great to discover that DCBL cannot do this so thank you to all for the info.

As it is a "Letter of Claim" I was thinking it should be answered, but only to point out they have no right to send this letter as the debt is not DCBL's to recover, and furthermore it does not comply with pre action protocol - short and sweet!

Yes? No?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If it is from a debt collector I doubt it is a letter before claim
    DOes it state court WILL follow or they will recommend it?
  • beamerguy
    edited 7 August 2018 at 1:20PM
    Options
    busby3000 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I have just received the EXACT same generic letter, except the amount outstanding is now over £600, and I expect to receive another similar as parking was done over 2 consecutive days and apparently incurred 2 parking tickets.

Not wanting to jump in on the back of OPs thread, but rather to point out that the same letter is obviously being used for everyone they are chasing, and great to discover that DCBL cannot do this so thank you to all for the info.

As it is a "Letter of Claim" I was thinking it should be answered, but only to point out they have no right to send this letter as the debt is not DCBL's to recover, and furthermore it does not comply with pre action protocol - short and sweet!

Yes? No?

YES

It's all a scam and they will not win in court with such
    inflated charges ..... extortion

As DCB Legal say they act for DCBL, then ask them for
    a copy of tickets that DCBL issued.
    They will not be able to do that as DCBL are not a parking
    company.

DCB Legal needs to be reported to the SRA
  • busby3000
    Options
    nosferatu - good point as it looks like it is a letter before claim, although says "Letter of claim"
    On the second page it says
    "Our client is prepared to consider mediation and other forms of dispute resolution prior to issuing Court proceedings.........We strongly suggest you deal with this matter urgently to avoid a claim being issued against you" so I guess it is implied?

I also got the income/expenses sheet and 2 more sheets re: am I getting debt advice, what documents do I need, how will I pay etc. All meant to look as formal as possible really.

beamerguy - I agree - 2 tickets for in effect the same thing, total should be £1200 + so far! Have just scoured the one ticket I have - says NPS all over, can't find DCBL anywhere on it!
  • beamerguy
    Options

beamerguy - I agree - 2 tickets for in effect the same thing, total should be £1200 + so far! Have just scoured the one ticket I have - says NPS all over, can't find DCBL anywhere on it!

We know you will not find DCBL on the tickets so the debt
    does not belong to DCBL .... THEY CANNOT INSTRUCT
    A SOLICITOR .

As DCBL ARE MEMBERS of the BPA, not in the capacity
    of a parking operator, you are also advised to contact
    Steve Clark of the BPA to ask what is going on

aos@britishparking.co.uk
  • busby3000
    Options
    Thanks beamer - that should be easy enough to do. This has been going on since Nov. 2015, although I hadn't heard anything for the past year, and everytime I come on there is new stuff to learn!
  • Johnshell
    Johnshell Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    nosferatu - good point as it looks like it is a letter before claim, although says "Letter of claim"
    On the second page it says
    "Our client is prepared to consider mediation and other forms of dispute resolution prior to issuing Court proceedings.........We strongly suggest you deal with this matter urgently to avoid a claim being issued against you" so I guess it is implied?

I also got the income/expenses sheet and 2 more sheets re: am I getting debt advice, what documents do I need, how will I pay etc. All meant to look as formal as possible really.

Exact same situation as me, minus how i got the ticket. All them forms came the same.
    It does make things seem better the fact the exact same letter and exact same wording is being used.

Also the same for me is when you say it's gone on since Nov 15 and not heard anything for over a year, this is roughly the same time period as me.

It does seem as though they are just trying to scare people from a similar time period, it's as if we will go back round these people and try again.

Mine also says letter of claim and not letter BEFORE claim. Which is obviously similarly worded to make it sound as serious and genuine.

I would like to thank everyone for their help so far.
  • busby3000
    Options
    Hi Johnshell, I didn't want to jump in on the back of your post but as it's the same generic letter, and as you say you have enough on your plate with your wife being pregnant I though I'd share!

I have this afternoon sent an email to the BPA as suggested by beamerguy.

The advice on here is great - thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure