Is this classed as invasion of privacy?

Options

Comments

• lookstraightahead
    Options
    Buy a bigger trampoline, turn your music up loud, and have parties on it til midnight.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Kids can be !!!!!!! annoying and I don't understand the suggestions that you talk to the boy - obviously you don't want to befriend random children or you'd have probably done that in the first place!
    I don't think there's realistically a lot you can do about it though, I'd just ignore him and hope he gets bored.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you have two options, change the boy's behaviour or minimise what he can see.

He may have behavioural problems or a learning disability, it could be a home problem. He could even be longing for the family life you have. Who knows? All complicated to effect behavioural change with when its not your family.

Personally I'd put nets up or a blind so little can be seen by prying eyes but you still get light in and can see out.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What's this got to do with house buying or renting?
    It could warrant being here because the child is on a trampoline, which is not a fixed object, like decking.

If decking higher than 0.3m had been installed, it would have required planning permission.
    1886 Posts: 499 Forumite
    Options
    Bamboo, budlieha, net curtains, blinds or even put some trelis on top of your fence to make it higher

My neighbour has got an extension which is nice from the front but we get to see just the side. I'm growing a budlieha next to it, they grow very fast
  • jjj1980
    jjj1980 Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would have a word with the parents then add some trellising to the top of the fence and some planting that completely blocked their view of your garden/house.

I certainly wouldn!!!8217;t be sitting in the dark with my curtains closed all day!
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    Any reason you haven!!!8217;t just told the children that it!!!8217;s very rude to stare into somebody else!!!8217;s house? Just smile really nicely afterwards, most reasonably well brought up kids will stop after that I would have thought.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,999 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have moved this thread to the familes/ relationship board on request of the OP.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    joshuajac wrote: »
    Interesting! I'd be very interested to know if people have managed to get decking taken down which has exceeded that as I think I've read about extremely intrusive decking and can well imagine it could be extremely privacy invasive
    Yes, I imagine it might be used to intimidate a neighbour.

Where I live, a railway journey to Exeter shows a number of 'viewing platforms' in rural gardens, which almost certainly don't have permission. I don't think they are part of neighbour warfare though, just ways to enjoy the great views and keep a good stock hedge.;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it worth falling out with the neighbour over?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure