old card claim??

Options
hi
thought I would post in this credit card section

my question can I still do a claim under section 75 if I no longer have that card if its within the 6 years?

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    According to Which Consumer Rights page on Section 75 they state
    Remember that you can make a claim even if an account is closed and that Section 75 can apply to credit card transactions made abroad.

You can check the full article on the Which website by clicking here
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    In fact, this position is re-stated in the MSE article on Section 75.
    Section 75 is fantastic protection. It means if you order something and if the retailer goes kaput, you can still claim your money back from the credit card provider (even if you've since closed your credit card account).
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would say yes but it will depend on the claim and what you are hoping to claim for.
    For example if you bought an old banger and expected it to work perfectly for 6 years - you won't get far but say a brand new car you have a better chance.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    marie_hc wrote: »
    hi
    thought I would post in this credit card section

my question can I still do a claim under section 75 if I no longer have that card if its within the 6 years?
    You asked this in another thread a couple of weeks ago and were promptly (and accurately) advised within 8 minutes that "It doesn't matter if you are not with the card company anymore".

However, in one of your other threads on what appears to be the same subject, you did clearly state that "we did not use a credit card", which, as I said then, nullifies any prospect of a section 75 claim. Was that statement wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure