Auxillis hire car "statement of truth"

Options
I have a no fault claim with Auxillis (Admiral) And I have the car book in for minor repairs and am about to agree to their terms for a hire car, however, when it comes to the "statement of truth" it has things that don't apply to me I called them and they said it's a standard thing, but I am a bit uneasy about signing this as "truth" is it normal for these things to have boiler plate templates? It does say it was made up from points in my phone call

Comments

• Zorillo
    Zorillo Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would be extremely reluctant to agree to any statement that isn't true. Can you give an example of one that doesn't apply to you?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You don't have to use auxillis.

Check out their reviews here and online

You can revert to a standard claim with your insurer if you prefer!

Or contact the third party insurer who will probably bend over backwards to look after you when you tell them auxillis are trying to sign you up!
  • tasticz
    tasticz Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used auxillis during my claim. I was with bell at the time and didn't have any problem with the hire car or the process in general. Just be honest with the accident details and let them decide if they think you are at fault or not. At they end of the day they are there to make profit so if they think there is reasonable chance of claiming fees they will proceed with it but they will also buy insurance to protect themselves (at no cost to you).

The only thing i didn't like was they contacted third party directly and claimed the cost of hire car which my solicitors was not aware of! It would have been good to be informed they had already recieved the money for it.
  • jamesaf
    jamesaf Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2018 at 9:39PM
    Options
    I have the repair booked for the 8th, I assumed Auxillis will be good as Admiral said to use them, only after reading some reviews am I weary about getting a hire car from them.

Where the hirer is a business, the undersigned has the authority to contractually bind the Hirer

I believe the Hirers own vehicle is unroadworthy and/or unusable and I understand temporary repairs are impractical or
    uneconomic

The Hirer does not have another suitable vehicle available to it, either being its own or through other informal or private
    arrangements. In particular, where the Hirer is a business:

Prior to agreeing to enter into the hire agreement the Hirers duty to keep it!s losses to a minimum has been explained

The Hirer understands that if it chooses to hire on credit it is liable for paying for the hire costs which it would
    not have incurred had it been offered and accepted a suitable courtesy vehicle from its own motor insurer or legal
    expenses insurer

A replacement vehicle is required for business purposes
    There is no suitable vehicle within the business that could be used as a replacement (e.g. pool cars, cars awaiting
    return from an expired leasing arrangement etc)
    The Hirer has not received an offer for a replacement vehicle from the at fault insurer.

The Hirer needs to hire a vehicle because public transport is not suitable and:
    I need boot space to carry equipment for work/transport my dogs/social/children's things/holiday
    I need a vehicle to support my mobility
    I have read and understood the above and I believe that the answers I have given are true.

It sounds to me like I am a business and the car is a write off
  • Zorillo
    Zorillo Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a generic credit hire agreement, nothing to worry about in the statements.

But be absolutely sure the third party is liable before you sign anything because credit hire bills can be astronomical and you may have to pay some of it if the third party doesn't pay.

If you have the third party insurer details and they accept liability it may be easier and less risky to go through them.
  • jamesaf
    Options
    It worried me as that's not in the general terms but is the 'statement of truth' I do have their details and they did accept (a van reversed into my empty car outside mot garage) but since it's already booked in through them for the repair I may as well go along with it, need the car to get back 20 miles from the bodyshop!
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If its no fault drop them and deal with the third party insurance company.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Admiral are recommending them as they receive money from Auxilis in one way or the other for pushing you towards them.

Can you afford to hire a car at normal hire car prices (Auxillis will charge a very very large premium over normal hire rates). There is the chance the other Insurer will ask to see your bank statements and credit card statements to see if you could have hired a car out of your own funds
  • Nicola83
    Nicola83 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    My car is currently in for repair through my insurance (hastings) and my hire car has been provided by Auxillis.
    My claim is also non fault, parked car pulled out straight in to side of me, and driver behind me got it all on dashcam so no way for third party to get out of accepting blame.

The process itself was easy, the car was waiting for me when I got to the garage to drop mine off.
    My car is still being repaired though, 2 weeks later, but one of my friends says this is normal as auxillis get more money from the third party insurance the longer I have the car. (Which is fine by me as it's posher than my car)
  • jamesaf
    Options
    Be careful with the length of time is what I gather from auxillis reviews! They say like for like for my focus probably a merc a class or something to milk it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure