August's Bring your Lunch to Work

Options

Comments

• Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Going to be 11/11 for me today (more squash soup and a (small) toredo roll).
  • Thrice
    Thrice Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Just checking in with 18/23 100% on target for this month!!

Made some toast for lunch yesterday, and I'm having the same again today. I made the dogs a slice of buttered toast for their lunch as I didn't have any wet dog food left, they seemed to like it! Same again today for all of us, so no spend for any of the house's lunches today :rotfl:

MrT has went to work with his sandwich as well, 15/20 100% on target as well :T
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Friday was 12/11, and I should get 3 more this week - I was meant to go away mid month and sadly it fell through, so on the plus side, I'm crashing my target on here. Silver linings :rotfl:
  • Thrice
    Options
    Morning all!

I'm making toast and peanut butter for lunch today, need to use up the last of the bread I bought last week. That will take me to 19/23 and 100% on target for this month!

Today marks the first 'Bring your breakfast to work and stop buying rolls from the burger van' :rotfl: I know it's slightly off topic for here, but after looking at my receipts etc for spends this month, most of the ones during the week are simply for breakfasts at work. Bought a 6 pack of yoghurts from Lidl last week, I'm having these this week to save more cash!

Vegan book didn't give many good lunch ideas, I'm going to check pinterest tonight. Bought some part baked ciabattas and sour doughs from Costco this weekend, so I'll work these into the lunch plans. Mr Thrice will be happy, he loves the sour doughs!!

x
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Day 13/11 today :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the thread littlesimplelivingcottage, I've added you to the list on page 1.

Apologies for the AWOL, I was off last week on holiday and didn't log on once :D

Septembers thread will hopefully be up by tomorrow.

Pmo2
    xx
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Last working day of the month for me, and managed 7/8. Last day of work before my holiday was my only fail but I don't think that's too bad.
    Zebras rock
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Last working day of the month for me, and managed 7/8. Last day of work before my holiday was my only fail but I don't think that's too bad.

You've done brilliantly, much better than I have done in the past :)

Enjoy your holiday x
  • Thrice
    Options
    Checking in with 21/23 days for me, only 2 days left this week woop woop!

On Monday I made a ciabatta roll with hummus, thin sliced red peppers, thin sliced san marzano tomatoes, loads of rocket, sliced black olives and a bit of mayo. Was delicious! Tuesday was the same again, and today I changed it up onto a sourdough roll instead!

Breakfast every day from home as well, I haven't missed the hot rolls (even if they do smell amazing!!) Yoghurts and some fruit have been just fine :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure