August's Bring your Lunch to Work

Options

Comments

• Thrice
    Thrice Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Today brings me to 12/23 so far, over half way there and I'm 100% on target!

MrT is on 9/20, fully on target as well!

Managed to eek my chuna out to give enough for tomorrow's sandwich, so I'll get that made up tonight in prep for tomorrow.

I bought a Vegan on the go book on Amazon the other day which is full of snacks, soups, light bites etc. I'll get a look through it this weekend to try to come up with more inventive lunches for the rest of the month!

x
  • Hello all, I've just read through this thread and gotten some great ideas for lunches! I would love to join for the following of this month if that is ok?? I have 5 more working lunch days and then 5 days where we are stay cation-ing (watching the MGP) so will be making lunches for that :)
  • s1n25
    s1n25 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    So this week has gone to plan! (sort of)
    Tuesday I was travelling to offices, ended up buying food.
    Weds/Thurs/Fri I've brought tin's of soup with me and no caving.

As of today 9/18

If anyone has any healthier lunch idea's I'd love some inspiration!
    Debt Free Diary..."Start of a new chapter"
    Nov: Unsecured Debt : £2,900.. Bring your lunch to work 1/18..NSD challenge 5/20

• Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Another one on Friday (salad, roll and houmus) so 8/11 for me - I was meant to be away this week but it fell through, so I might crash my target :D
  • Thrice
    Options
    Morning all!

Lunch prepped and in the fridge waiting for me, so that's 14/23 and fully on target!

Hopefully MrT has lifted his lunch box, which will give him 11/20 and 100% on target as well

I should really find something that's not my chuna sandwiches, but they are so tasty!! I don't mind eating it every day :rotfl:
  • Hey @Thrice, how do you do your Chuna sandwiches I've seen some made with chickpeas and I've been tempted.

Totally lazy yesterday so didn't make my soup so that's on the agenda for tonight. Brought in some bread and houmous though, so I'm counting that lol
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Took my lunch in yesterday and will today so I'm at 10/11

Home made squash soup both days, with wholemeal baton yesterday and a roll today
  • Thrice
    Options
    Chuna sandwich filling -

I take a can of chickpeas and bring to a boil on the hob, drain and rinse under cold water and mash them in a bowl with a potato masher. I just find they mash better after being boiled, even though I know they are already cooked in the can!!
    i add salt and pepper and chopped salad/veg.
    Usually I will dice some carrot and some celery, sometimes some peppers or spring onions, or some gherkins. Or add sweetcorn, honestly just whatever I have lying about! Adding more veg eeks it out so it lasts longer.
    Add in some mayo and a squeeze of salad cream, more pepper if needed and mix!

I keep in a bowl in the fridge covered in cling film and it lasts all week. I put onto a sandwich with some tomatoes and lettuce, or sometimes just cucumber and its more like tuna cucumber :-)

x
  • Thrice wrote: »
    Chuna sandwich filling -

I take a can of chickpeas and bring to a boil on the hob, drain and rinse under cold water and mash them in a bowl with a potato masher. I just find they mash better after being boiled, even though I know they are already cooked in the can!!
    i add salt and pepper and chopped salad/veg.
    Usually I will dice some carrot and some celery, sometimes some peppers or spring onions, or some gherkins. Or add sweetcorn, honestly just whatever I have lying about! Adding more veg eeks it out so it lasts longer.
    Add in some mayo and a squeeze of salad cream, more pepper if needed and mix!

I keep in a bowl in the fridge covered in cling film and it lasts all week. I put onto a sandwich with some tomatoes and lettuce, or sometimes just cucumber and its more like tuna cucumber :-)

x

Thank you :) I'm going to have to try this one week!!

Made my soup on Tuesday, so have 4 days worth. Had it yesterday with stale bread I toasted and it was great, so thinking of making some soup for the week I'm back at work :)
  • Thrice
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Well, I'll have to admit it..... I'm getting a bit sick of chuna sandwiches every day :o:o:o Don't have anything else for this week though, so I'll power on through!!

Me and MrT are 100% on target, he didn't eat his lunch yesterday but he didn't buy anything, so I'm still calling him as on target :-)

16/23 for me

7 days left this month, we can do it!! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family