PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Why won't our house sell?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Hutch100uk
    Hutch100uk Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just notice it has sold!
  • westernpromise
    westernpromise Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    Options
    Crashy will be gutted.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh Joy! Can it go back to page 1 now? I will get more excited when money actually changes hands....
  • Bass_9
    Bass_9 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Hutch100uk wrote: »
    Totally agree. I posted for advice on my house listing and got lots of comments (yes many of them very negative) but I took the sensible comments on board. I've now accepted an offer on mine.

Congrats Hutch I remember your thread! :T
    Out of interest did you end up reducing slightly or did you keep it at the same price? :)
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    Hutch100uk wrote: »
    Totally agree. I posted for advice on my house listing and got lots of comments (yes many of them very negative) but I took the sensible comments on board. I've now accepted an offer on mine.

What comments did you act on to get the offer?
  • robinwales
    robinwales Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The house is quite small at 937 sqft. That's about the size of the cottage we had in Cambridge in the 90s. I found that quite cramped. The garden is quite small so that doesn't help with the feeling of space. In the photos it does rather give the impression of being overlooked both front and rear. The inside looks fine. The market is extremely sluggish at present and your EA was probably optimistic in his timings for views and sale. Is there anything pending in the area that might put buyers off? Sometimes it's not your house that's the problem but what's going on around it.
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    Did it sell?
  • Mrsburg
    Mrsburg Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all. OP here.

Thanks for all the positive comments and good luck. And for those who seemed annoyed that the house had sold, well boo to you.

We have exchanged contracts and are completing next week. We received an above asking price offer 3 weeks after it went on the market.

Thanks for all the useful feedback which I think really helped us in reaching an offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure