IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket in My Spot - Appeal Rejected - P4Parking

Options

Comments

• MercilessKiller
    MercilessKiller Posts: 7,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    they can cancel the charge , right upto the court waiting room , however at a later point they may have to pay P4 costs

I feel like if they don't cancel it within the 21 days, after I've provided all these arguments, they're deciding that they'll ignore me from now on. They were responding to me within minutes everytime until I pulled out the smoking gun exception earlier today - suddenly they've gone silent.

I'm hoping that means the next bit of communication from them is confirmation of the cancellation. I'll be opening some bubbly if that's the case. And then considering whether it's worth taking my own action against P4Parking for trespass, time etc etc.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'll be opening some bubbly if that's the case.......
    ...... and telling all other residents about this - those who have previously been affected, and those yet to come, because even if you've flushed P4P out, it will not stop them continuing to harass other residents.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    P4 , the illegitimate child of nighthawk clampers , large fists and muscle , but lacking in brain to write a MCOL , http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/P4_Parking_UK.html

sad innit , hiding behind a management company
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    in fact , the publicly available contract , with that line highlighted should be printed many times and pasted onto ever p4 notice , (goes dark about 10.30 , wallpaper paste from £1 shop)
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Hi All

Quick update - I just had a meeting with a Director of NSQ Residential Management Company Ltd.

The directors are just appointed people to vote and have no further rights than myself as a shareholder. HML Group are the appointed management company to act upon instruction from NSQRMC.

However, he knew a lot about HML Group and how they operate. He confirmed the people I have been speaking to are not in a position to make decisions and reply to my communication and has provided a route to communicate with someone who will be able to help take action.

He agreed with my legal arguments, but the smoking bullet was the only "none subjective" clause that he said would be the reason for HML Group to absolutely act immediately.

I've now written a letter detailing the various legal arguments as part of this thread, highlighting the smoking gun argument, and instructing an immediate cancellation.

I'll update you once I've heard back but feels like we're close.

Incidentally, the director himself received a P4Parking notice and appealed to POPLA. P4Parking apparently didn't (and hardly ever do) respond to POPLA thus he was judged favourably and won.

Though in this case, I don't want to wait when it's clear that HML Group can take care of this immediately.

Once again - thank you to all the posters here for their help. I'm in London, and if anyone else is, upon successful conclusion, I will be arranging a drink somewhere and you'll all be welcome to join for a free pint or two :)
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    [/FONT]
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am a bit bemused. Not difficult I admit!

In one sentence you say that the directors of NSQRMC have no further rights than you. I kind of get this but, as directors, they are acting on behalf of the residents. Then you say HML are the managing agents who act on instructions from NSQRMC. If he (and the rest of the directors) don't instruct them who does?

Still, hopefully, you'll get the result you want somewhere down the line.

I, certainly, don't think you should get a ticket for parking in your own, owned, space.
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    I am a bit bemused. Not difficult I admit!

In one sentence you say that the directors of NSQRMC have no further rights than you. I kind of get this but, as directors, they are acting on behalf of the residents. Then you say HML are the managing agents who act on instructions from NSQRMC. If he (and the rest of the directors) don't instruct them who does?

Still, hopefully, you'll get the result you want somewhere down the line.

I, certainly, don't think you should get a ticket for parking in your own, owned, space.

He definitely confused me too - But he was essentially saying the directors vote on things, and give the instruction to the management company (now HML Group) to run anything to do with the development which is paid for by service charge. So he was essentially saying he has no "right" to message P4Parking even he is a "Director" of the mentioned "Client". In his mind, the contract with P4Parking does state that management of the contract is to be carried out by BRAM (as the agent) - now HML Group - so it must come from then.

I'll be honest - this whole thing has been incredibly confusing but I've now sent the formal letter (happy to share) to HML Group confirming the "smoking gun" to the senior management team to instruct them for immediate action.

Just awaiting a response now. Tick tock
    [/FONT]
  • twhitehousescat
    edited 20 July 2018 at 9:27AM
    Options
    quick question , your car was registered in the system , permit issued by ??? , did P4 have your vrn logged before they ticketed you

did p4 get your details from dvla , or did you appeal first
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    quick question , your car was registered in the system , permit issued by ??? , did P4 have your vrn logged before they ticketed you

The permit I have is a P4Parking permit (with their logo all over it, contact number (which is 0845 but no mention of being premium FYI), etc).

However, I believe this permit is printed on-site by the development Management Company (now HML Group) using an "on-site printer". The on-site printer is detailed in the contract with P4Parking and the development.

I don't know the technical details of how all the systems connect together, but the P4Parking printer was used by HML Group - This would mean it is in the property and control of NSQ. The Exception clause mentions registration on NSQ Systems - So I do worry there is an argument somewhere from their side...

However, the reality is, I went to the concierge (BRAM at the time).. gave them my number plate details and leasehold details and they registered and printed my permit. The permit is evidence of that. If they failed to put it in some database and transfer to HML Group, that's not my problem - It was clear I still registered my numberplate with them and their loss of that data can't attribute to me being unfairly charged.
    [/FONT]
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    I added to my post above "did p4 get your details from dvla , or did you appeal first" , this would also apply to others who received tickets

there is a good chance that they have applied to the DVLA falsely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport