We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th July 2018

1…67891012»

Comments

  • kazwookie wrote: »

    Why did I keep bank statements from 20016? payslips from 1998, and so on............

    Hubby is self employed so has to keep accounts info for 7 complete tax years, so we do the same for personal banking stuff too. We have 1 file of things that need keeping for longer, but everything else gets a once a year shred session.
    And yes, our shredder only works for a while before it gets the grump on and refuses to shred any more.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Melting...

    Kitchen floor mopped, and I'm still not entirely sure what brought that burst of activity on.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    kazwookie wrote: »
    ATB shredding is WIP the shredder has stopped due to being too hot, I have over worked it.

    I have sorted paperwork, to contain the papers while working, one wash basket full for recycling, ie not personal details, one wash basket 3/4 for shredding, all wanted papers back in neat, label, date ordered.

    Why did I keep bank statements from 20016? payslips from 1998, and so on............
    I have as much "paperwork" in digital format as I possibly can, so all I have to dispose of is the oldest year's computer file. I suspect there may be some ancient and venerable paperwork still in the loft though; unfortunately, I can't get up there to take a look. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 14,346 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 July 2018 at 5:45PM
    Sorry folks that should have been 2006 for bank statements!

    I keep business accounts and my tax stuff etc for 8 years just to be sure! but everything else has just built up over the years. ~~ bad me.

    Not a lot done this afternoon, tennis watched, foot ball now on, which OH is watching.
    Breast Cancer 100 miles Oct 22 100/100miles
    D-Day 80km June 24 80/80km (10.06.24)
    Diabetic UK 1m steps July 24 to end Sept 24. 1,001,066/ 1,000,000 (20.09.24)
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles 1st May 2025 (18.05.25)
    Diabetic UK 1 million steps July 2025 to Sept 25. 1,006,489 / 1,000,000 (10.09.25)
    Breast Cancer 100 miles Oct 2025 100/100 (12.10.25 all done)
    Tommy 10,000 steps challenge. 1st Nov 25 for 30 days .
    Diabetic UK 1 million steps July 2026 to Sept 26. 1,002,786 / 1,000,000 (13.09.26)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 26,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I will be ok for work tomorrow as it's not a bug; I have given myself
    flc
    food poisoning

    Bathroom cleaned
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

    Thank you Honey Bear
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,571 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024, 2025 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️🏅⭐️
    Declutter Challenge 2026
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.