Bank account closed got cifas 6 marker

Options

Comments

• Asimbaba
    Asimbaba Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Yh almost whatever i did right went wrong. I have so many examples but that would be out of the subject. Even this time this guy i had a good relationship with him for more than 5 years i didnt know that he was trying to cash his money through me. I trusted him and it all went wrong obviously my mistake. Bt if I would be anyone like in this forum members I would have asked myself what i was going to do. And that was the last part of my life which i have earned now
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Asimbaba wrote: »
    Yh almost whatever i did right went wrong. I have so many examples but that would be out of the subject. Even this time this guy i had a good relationship with him for more than 5 years i didnt know that he was trying to cash his money through me. I trusted him and it all went wrong obviously my mistake. Bt if I would be anyone like in this forum members I would have asked myself what i was going to do. And that was the last part of my life which i have earned now

Maybe you were too trusting, he saw you as an easy target.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hello, i am new here so i will try to be very short. I have read most of the threads and still need help!!!.
    I had lloyds current account for 10 years. On 30th of june 2018 the person i work for transferred £4000 into my account. He had my bank details as he used to send me my wages. Ok so he didnt inform me that day l but next morning he was calling me early morning saying withdraw £4000 from your account as i will come to pick them up. And if cashier ask about the money just tell them you need this money for yourself or whatever. Ok so I withdrew this money the cashier took photocopy of my id (driving license). Ok and i gave all this money to this person (my boss). Its a small company women’s fashion clothing shop. Ok so in next week i see my online transactions suspended and month later i got letter that we are closing your account blah blah and cifas cat 6 will be on your credit file for 6 years. Bank said i have fraud money in my account the person is not helping me at all clearing my name. Bank is not listning. I spoke action Fraud online got ref. Got cifas protective registration for £20 for 2 years. I didnt go to CAB. Will consider it . So any suggestions who will listen to me now? Bank thinks i am fraudulent i think i am victim. Any same thing happened to aNybody please reply thanks

This £4k your boss transferred to you - was it from the same business account that he pays you your wages from, or was it from his personal bank account?

When you realised that your boss had deposited £4k in your account, did you not think to ask him why he had done this? And why he didn't just withdraw the money from his own bank account - why did it need to go through your account?

Getting the CIFAS protective registration is pointless as no ID theft has occurred. You just wasted £20 for nothing.

CAB won't be able to help you so don't bother wasting your time with them.

CIFAS Categories Explained
    0 - Protective Registration - Recorded at the request of the person named.
    1 - False Identity Fraud - Use of a false name with an address.
    2 - Victim of Impersonation - Use, by another person, of this name and/or address.
    3 - Application Fraud (Facility Granted) - Use of name reasonably believed to be genuine, but with one or more material falsehoods in personal details or other relevant information -; the facility was granted.
    4 - Application Fraud (Facility Refused) - Use of a name reasonably believed to be genuine, but with one or more material falsehoods in personal details or other relevant information -; the facility was refused.
    5 - Conversion - Conversion (disposal or sale) of goods (to which the hirer/buyer does not have title) under a hire purchase, conditional sale, contract hire, leasing or rental agreement.
    6 - First Party Fraud - Opening an account or other facility for a fraudulent purpose, or the fraudulent misuse of an account or facility.
    7 - Aiding & Abetting - Aiding, abetting or assisting, or conspiring with, another or others to fraudulently procure credit, or other facilities, or hire products or services.
    8 - Insurance Claims Fraud - The making of a claim(s) under one or more insurance policy (ies) with one or more material falsehoods or by presenting a false or forged document.

You were given the correct marker of cat 6. The only way to attempt to deal with this now is to contact a solicitor and gather as much evidence/proof of your innocence as you can along with anything the police can offer to help you with and submit it in an appeal in writing to the bank. The bank is the only one who can remove the CIFAS marker - nobody else. If the bank refuses to believe you, then you are stuck with it for the next 6 years.

In which case, be prepared for any of your other bank accounts to be closed, any credit cards to also be closed. You won't be able to open a bank account, not even a basic one and will be subject to the fee paying ones which don't use a credit check such as thinkmoney.co.uk

If you have car insurance be prepared to save in advance and pay your next year's insurance premium in one go as you will fail the credit check to pay monthly.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Asimbaba
    Options
    Thanks all of you for help and suggestions. Yes it was the same account he always used. And when i spoke to fraud action police they suggested me to do first thing to register with cifas. Before he used to transfer like bw £2000-£3000 never had any problem. As some member suggested to complain at ombudsman. I done that. But its not going to help. I realise now as in this thread regarding all the information from members only bank can remove this flag. I will check with my lawyer i will update later
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So are you saying this is not the first time he has done this. It gets worse
  • Asimbaba
    Options
    No i wanted to clarify that there was nothing wrong with those transactions which he made earlier. Neither I withdrew any money as I transfer all the money through my account. It happens this time when he asked me to withdraw immediately. The cashier took 20 min to investigate or asking me to why you getting this money and where are u planning to spend. I never encountered such situation so i said what i was told. That its for my personal use. And I borrowed from my boss. She kept a copy of my id and thats it here i am now
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So he previously sent you money that was not your pay and then you transferred it, presumably to his private account.

Sorry if I am making wrong assumptions, but it sounds VERY wrong. It is not normal and should not have been happening.

I suspect you are going to end up in trouble.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Asimbaba
    Options
    I meant transferring to pay bills and other expenses to different businesses. Not to back to his accout. And there were no illegal activities ever. Dont take me wrong if i was the fraudulent I wouldn!!!8217;t be going to the police asking for help or support. As we know bank don!!!8217;t always favour the victims as they think people use criminals account to cash their money out. And today I figured out my boss account is still open. And one more thing which i missed in the start that my bank mentioned that you have stolen money because the person is claiming his money from his own bank. My boss is denying. So i dont know whats going on....

I am trying to explain everything bit of the story.
  • Armorica
    Armorica Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I meant transferring to pay bills and other expenses to different businesses. Not to back to his accout. And there were no illegal activities ever. Dont take me wrong if i was the fraudulent I wouldn!!!8217;t be going to the police asking for help or support. As we know bank don!!!8217;t always favour the victims as they think people use criminals account to cash their money out. And today I figured out my boss account is still open. And one more thing which i missed in the start that my bank mentioned that you have stolen money because the person is claiming his money from his own bank. My boss is denying. So i dont know whats going on....

No, that's very likely fraud. Apparently you don't know.

How do you know who owned the accounts you were transferring to? How do you know the businesses were legit?
    Why didn't he use his own accounts?
    Facilitating fraud/laundering money/handling the proceeds of crime is criminal behaviour - so by definition not just your boss, but you have alledgedly engaged in criminal behaviour.
    Your boss could be denying so that his account stays open and so he's not prosecuted.
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options

Moving money from a company into untraceable cash through a personal bank account is pretty much the sort of thing crooks do when they are defrauding the company or avoiding taxation, so it is clear to understand the action taken against you.
    All you can hope to do is to demonstrate you were a hapless patsy and not part of the fraud and be allowed to have your bank account back sometime.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure