IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Some questions and a check of CEL defence

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Send the DQ as a pdf email attachment to the same ccbcaq address you sent your Defence.

Also send a copy to the Claimant.
  • Tintin27
    Tintin27 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, i cant find an email address for CEL is it ok to send them the DQ by post? And if so should i send it by some sort of special delivery. And also do i need to be requesting a copy of CELs contract agreement?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If ever sending anything by post to a parking company, never ever use any sort of signed for service.

All that does is give the intended recipient the opportunity to refuse to accept the delivery. You then have proof of non-delivery - not quite what you wanted.

Send it using standard first class post obtaining a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office counter.
    The item is deemed delivered two working days after posting unless the PPC can prove otherwise.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    And if so should i send it by some sort of special delivery.
    What to a Virtual Office in Liverpool? Do you think you'd get a Virtual Signature for it? Nah!

https://www.regus.co.uk/virtual-office/united-kingdom/liverpool/liverpool-city-centre

Go with KeithP's advice.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Tintin27
    Options
    Hi everyone, managed 2 find my original post i was looking for, this one! Thankyou for your rely on my other post coupon mad i shall call the court tomorrow to find out whats going on with hearing date and end dates. I will prepare a WS and post. Just to clarify, is it ok to say who the driver was..? I havent sofar. Also in their WS point 2 says: at all material times the claimant had the right to manage the carpark at...... . Should i be requesting to see a copy of the contract they have with the surgery? All future posts to be made on this one! Sorry for the confusion just to keep things up to date on here, defence and questionaire has been sent off, allocation of local court letter has been recieved - no hearing date yet. Witness statement and offer of reduced payment letter from cel recieved. Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to clarify, is it ok to say who the driver was..? I havent so far.
    NO.

Not in a CEL defence, as they cannot hold a keeper liable...hence, be the keeper!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tintin27
    Options
    Ok thanks. And what about tying to get a copy of the contract they have with the surgery?
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    YES of course you ask. EVery singkle Defence asks the C to prove Standing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tintin27 wrote: »
    Ok thanks. And what about tying to get a copy of the contract they have with the surgery?

Well you mention it yes. You won't get to see it until much later, if at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tintin27
    Options
    Ok so spoke to court and am still awaiting for a hearing date. Spoke to the surgery and asked for a copy of the contract, they dont think they can help with that, il write a letter to cel requesting the same.
    Also back last year when i first recieved the pcn i got the patient to go to the surgery and tell them about it and the receptionist just sed theres nothing that they can do and that theres signs up...fast foward a few months later when i recieved court papers, this time myself and the patient went back to the surgery and this time i asked to speak to the manager. The manager told me that if i had have come back after recieving the pcn they could have had it wiped off, to which i angrily explained that we had done that but the receptionist said theres nothing they can do! (Little did i know that was the same receptionist sat behind the desk when i was talking to the manager)! The manager said as its at court stage now theres nothing she can do. As you can imagine i was absolutely fuming! However she writ me a letter confirming appointments for the day of the pcn.(this was in July) Now yesterday i phoned the surgery to ask about getting a copy of the contract with CEL, i spoke to a different lady and she too said to me if id of came back after recieving the pcn they could of sorted it, to which i explained that i did and told her wat happened to which she said sorry about that.
    My question is can this information be of use for anything atall????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure