Forum Home» House Buying, Renting & Selling

Selling house - no viewings - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Selling house - no viewings

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
105 replies 13.8K views

Replies

• Margot123 wrote: »
    Cheers for that. You obviously have a superior mentality I must bow to.

When you're bored, try reading about 'plucking the chicken one feather at a time', you may well be enlightened.
    Are you from Yorkshire?

If not, perhaps you could do us the most enormous favour, and let us decide what's offensive or not about our stereotypes.

If you are, give your head a wobble.
  • getmore4lessgetmore4less Forumite
    39.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    antwilson wrote: »
    Thanks quite helpful - the 2 bed semi @ 83k https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54454149.html was/is our closest competition, and was/is priced for modernisation/quick sale as its an empty property.

the 3 bed semi @ 90k is on a busy road/bus route and doesn't have any off street parking, plus backs onto a football field which would put me off so potentially other buyers as well.

They are all your competition, these are the houses people are viewing and buying.
    Your problem they are not even looking at yours

From now you need to be monitoring those up for sale that are not yet SSTC and as they sell ask why did they not even look at mine.

If any are with your agent you need to have a chat on why they did not get the buyer to view yours as well.

have a look at your agents SSTC that have been on since yours was. pick out the 2 beds and go ask them why they did not bring those viewers round to yours.
  • antwilsonantwilson Forumite
    138 posts
    Thanks everyone,

Retook photos myself yesterday taking into account everything that's being mentioned. Had to wait for the right sun angle so couldn't arrange for them to take the right ones anyway.

Did move trampoline in the garden, but the recent weather means the grass looks quite scorched, plus the trampoline was covering up the dead bits (which I've got grass seed down trying to fill) so looked worse without it.

Will get EA to update and hopefully might see some improvement.
  • westernpromisewesternpromise
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Margot123 wrote: »
    Cheers for that. You obviously have a superior mentality I must bow to.

When you're bored, try reading about 'plucking the chicken one feather at a time', you may well be enlightened.
    I doubt it. Your prejudices are your own; you have to live with them. Imagining racism everywhere worsens your quality of life, but it's your choice.
  • tiernseetiernsee Forumite
    291 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Your property looks very nicely presented and I particularly like the back garden and the way you have the patio and the grassy children part segregated. My only comment is to reiterate what others have said, what would put me off is that the first picture it looks like a shared drive with next door.
    Talking about regional stereotypes, I'm originally from Essex so you can imagine all the jokes I get ;)
  • Crashy_TimeCrashy_Time Forumite
    10K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listing at 70k might get some viewers in.
  • edited 1 July 2018 at 7:26PM
    kinger101kinger101 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July 2018 at 7:26PM
    Listing at 70k might get some viewers in.

But you wouldn't buy it even it £15K. As then you'd be disowned by your other bedsit-dwelling brethren at HPC.
  • Crashy_TimeCrashy_Time Forumite
    10K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    kinger101 wrote: »
    But you wouldn't buy it even it £15K. As then you'd be disowned by your other bedsit-dwelling brethren at HPC.

Discussing it selling for 15k isn`t a sensible discussion, discussing it getting views and maybe a sale at 70k is a sensible discussion ;)
  • westernpromisewesternpromise
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashy wouldn't buy it at minus £15k (i.e. the seller pays him to take it) because even at that price, he'd still be out of pocket.
  • edited 2 July 2018 at 10:50AM
    getmore4lessgetmore4less Forumite
    39.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 July 2018 at 10:50AM