PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Selling house - no viewings

Options

Comments

• antwilson
    antwilson Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kinger101 wrote: »
    I think it's price. There are three bed properties within less than 1/4 mile that are less. Though the photos (and your layout) make the house seem smaller than it is.

Generally, it looks like there's lots of stuff in the area that isn't selling.

All the 3 bed properties round here are under 100k are timber framed as far as I'm aware hence the lower price
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    antwilson wrote: »
    All the 3 bed properties round here are under 100k are timber framed as far as I'm aware hence the lower price

Timber frame is regarded as standard construction though, isn't it? It's 1950s concrete build that is lower priced.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • antwilson
    Options
    Timber frame is regarded as standard construction though, isn't it? It's 1950s concrete build that is lower priced.

I looked at one when I bought current property and estate agents told me then that only the Halifax would lend on them. But yes the 50s concrete builds are also a lower value.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I looked at one when I bought current property and estate agents told me then that only the Halifax would lend on them. But yes the 50s concrete builds are also a lower value.

I'm not sure that is true, unless it's something other than brick over a timber frame?

eg

http://www.nationwide-intermediary.co.uk/lendingcriteria/property_and_construction/construction_types
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Table in the lounge is a tricky one, it either goes where it is (in corner of fireplace), or it goes behind the settee but this gets rid of half the living room and always felt like wasted space to us.

It doesn't have to be there for the photograph though. And you can move furniture between photographs.

I can't see how you watch television in the lounge.

I can't see where you eat meals.

Particulars say there's a shower but I can't see it. A lot of people like showers and want to see a good one.

I don't want to have to 'search in my internet browser' for council tax banding. You know it, you get a bill for it every year, so you can put the banding and the current rate in the listing.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bad timing clashing with the summer sports season.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What I don't like about the property is when dinner/tea is cooked you have to walk through the hallway then into the lounge, why not have an open plan kitchen diner or at least a door way or a shorter way to the lounge.
  • antwilson
    Options
    I'm not sure that is true, unless it's something other than brick over a timber frame?

eg

http://www.nationwide-intermediary.co.uk/lendingcriteria/property_and_construction/construction_types

I think they are probably pre 70s so not a standard construction according to the link
  • antwilson
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    What I don't like about the property is when dinner/tea is cooked you have to walk through the hallway then into the lounge, why not have an open plan kitchen diner or at least a door way or a shorter way to the lounge.

Crickey that's a big change :eek:

It probably used to have a doorway as I know similar houses in a different area do. Guess it was filled to make better use of the kitchen space.
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Crickey that's a big change :eek:

It probably used to have a doorway as I know similar houses in a different area do. Guess it was filled to make better use of the kitchen space.

As you're in Yorkshire, the addition of a pigeon loft would add to the value.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport