Wittering my way to simpler life

Options

Comments

• Smurphington
    Options
    Kittencat wrote: »
    Good Moning Smurphington

Just read your diary and I like your positivity.

The tax credits are a little blip that you will get through. . . rubbish though!

I'm looking forward to growing my own this year also. I did tomatoes and runner beans last year and I loved it.

Keep updating. I've subscribed.
    Thank you very much :)
    I grew those also and was surprised at how easy it was. Potatoes are good to try too, I do mine in grow bags
  • Smurphington
    Options
    Thankyou mnd I will check that out
  • Smurphington
    Options
    So this week after gearing myself up for ultra frugal mode, I have had two separate incidents of luck - the first was hearing that I was successful for the warm home discount and the second was a £25 credit from money supermarket - I know bad luck often seems to pop up at the worst time but sometimes just sometimes it's the other way around! That being said I'm going to continue with my frugal plans in the hope that I will have a small amount to put in my emergency fund.
  • Smurphington
    Options
    Well I'm almost at the end of the couple of months of very low funds, my tax credits should increase at the end of the month, hurrah. I have treated myself to a bottle of red wine but not for drinking purposes but to have a go at jack monroes red wine and chestnut casserole - that will use up the chestnuts that i bought on offer after xmas with no idea what to do with them. Overall I think the last few months have taught me that I am a food horder as I'm only just getting to the bottom of the freezer now! I have also learnt that you can make a decent meal out of very little but mainly I realise how fortunate I am that this has been a short term thing and that there are people who live this way constantly
  • Smurphington
    Smurphington Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    I need to get back on the frugal living, it has fallen by the way side a little with some expenses dental work/ essential house repairs and school uniform for the little one starting in September combined with less sillyness - frittering money away on whims. Most of these haven't been big purchases by any means but not needed . I have also found myself in the situation where we will be a little worse off due to others actions or inaction which i wont go into here but it means if i want to build an emergency fund belts must be tightened
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello

Just popping in. Nice to see you back again.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Smurphington
    Options
    Good Morning,
    My weekend plans were scuppered by all the rain we have had so apart from a bit of BlackBerry picking, we were house bound. I spent a little bit of money at Mr A and have renewed my Audio book subscription after much debate but decided that it is my one luxury as I do enjoy listening to it in the evenings when naff all on tv . My freeze and freezer are jam packed so not going to do anymore shopping until it's all used up - I get my milk delivered so no excuses to pop in
  • Smurphington
    Options
    Nsd. I may try and keep a log of them for August
  • Smurphington
    Options
    Definitely not a nsd as nursery fees were due :( and I also spent £3 at a charity shop for little miss ( Mr men dvd, arthur lowe narrating, how could I resist)

Work is particularly hellish this week due to poor staffing levels so it feels a bit of a slog and feeling pretty exhausted coming home and trying to keep up with the demands of a 4 yr old. However she reminded me how fun she is to be around on the walk home when she discovered that she can press the button for 'the green man' with her nose. It gave us both a giggle
  • Smurphington
    Options
    I was sent an email by a work colleague about a secondment opportunity and it's put me in a bit of a tail spin about whether to go for it. On the one hand it's more money, it would get me away from the stress and general fatigue I have with my current role with the option to return in a year if it didn't work out. However it states that their is a degree of travel but it's vague about how much and they will accept flexible working hours which I need. They did state that me not being a driver wouldn't matter which you would think would be a must if there was heaps of it. I think the only way to find out is to email those in the know

In other matters today has been glorious, I took the small person to the large community park and we had a picnic and she did a bug hunt with the park rangers (3.50 a child and well worth it) she made a little bug container and caught things in nets whilst safety putting them back after. We even spotted a lizard. The day ended with her jumping in muddy puddles :)
    Veggie fingers and mash for tea as I have loads of spuds that need using up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport