Struggling with my monthly catalogue payments on ESA

Options

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Mae85 wrote: »
    Firstly. I only pay £18 a month for my iPhone 5s anyway.
    Secondly, that is not what I asked lol

You don't need to justify yourself. For all anybody knew the Iphone could have been a gift, paid off.....
  • Mae85
    Mae85 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your comments- people are always so quick to judge! I refuse to pay more then £20 a month for a phone I always have.... I!!!8217;m not interested in the latest iPhones and gadgets I am happy with what I have for less.
    We don!!!8217;t have a landline as we decided to not plug a phone in when we had our internet fitted so that was one less bill to worry about. We don!!!8217;t have any fancy tv package just the big standard that comes on the tv. We pay £19.95 a month for talk talk internet which has been an awful service for us so we will be looking elsewhere in a month or so.
    Myself and my OH both have iPhone 5s and they are both under £18 a month.
  • Mae85
    Mae85 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and also you are right.... our phones are our only access to the internet.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Maybe someone will close this thread now that the OP has had some answers?
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It would also be nice if something could be done about certain 'contributors' who post utter carp about their own experiences. In virtually every topic the same old same old appears. I'm convinced that if somebody claimed they'd had all 4 limbs amputated this individual would say they'd had 5 off.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    5 off and the fifth grew back!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    It would also be nice if something could be done about certain 'contributors' who post utter carp about their own experiences. In virtually every topic the same old same old appears. I'm convinced that if somebody claimed they'd had all 4 limbs amputated this individual would say they'd had 5 off.

It would be nice.
    Thats all I'm saying on the subject :eek:
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    w06 wrote: »
    5 off and the fifth grew back!

So fit for work now then :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    Mae85 wrote: »
    Thanks for your comments- people are always so quick to judge! I refuse to pay more then £20 a month for a phone I always have.... I!!!8217;m not interested in the latest iPhones and gadgets I am happy with what I have for less.
    We don!!!8217;t have a landline as we decided to not plug a phone in when we had our internet fitted so that was one less bill to worry about. We don!!!8217;t have any fancy tv package just the big standard that comes on the tv. We pay £19.95 a month for talk talk internet which has been an awful service for us so we will be looking elsewhere in a month or so.
    Myself and my OH both have iPhone 5s and they are both under £18 a month.
    £36 pounds on 2 I-PHONES would be £432 a year off the debt. The first thing I would get rid of is the phones.
    Next thing would be the £20 on Talk Talk--another £240 a year
    £60 savings a month are not to be sniffed at when they would make a sizable contribution to the debts being paid down.
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    Paparika wrote: »
    So fit for work now then :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

you find it amusing to mock someone who is ill and can't work? classy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income