Options
1235»

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    I'm astonished that benefits have been approved for two years, for someone who is working, and says that they provided absolutely no evidence at all for the assessment other than a letter from a GP asking for a home visit. If I believed it was that easy to get benefits, I think I'd probably join the "benefits are too easy to get" brigade. Since I don't believe that someone can get benefits without any evidence of illness, I'm going to have to conclude that you are all being wound up by a troll looking for any excuse to post offensive rubbish and get away with it.

If Jase hasn't been PPR'd for his offensive posts, I'd be very interested to hear on what grounds he was placed in the Support Group.
    (Given that the SG is for claimants who the DWP think can't work, and it doesn't expect them to do anything to improve their chances of finding work).
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    If Jase hasn't been PPR'd for his offensive posts
    Which i believe they have. Not sure if anyone can see it but i certainly can. :beer::T
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    I have posted on here many times that I got a paperbased on my first claim and a f2f on reassessment at which the nurse lied,I can post both decision makers reports if you like.
    But that does not mean you submitted no evidence. You did. You said so. The OP says that they submitted no evidence at all. Paperbased assessment or f2f is irrelevant. You submitted evidence, the OP says they didn't submit any evidence. When did the DWP and their assessors start taking the completely uncorroborated word of claimants? Because if that's what they are now doing, I'll be demanding that they are more rigorous in handing out my hard earned money!

Perhaps you didn't notice the appalling language the OP used? That is uncalled for. None of the posters here did anything other than fairly advise the OP, and speak to them politely. The OP went out of their way to post ridiculous information in order to draw out certain responses and then insulted people for those responses. If we are to believe that this is the typical behavior of mentally ill people, then that is a disservice to people with mental illness. And their demeanor is a disservice to all people who are disabled in any way.
  • Nooney123456789
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    But that does not mean you submitted no evidence. You did. You said so. The OP says that they submitted no evidence at all. Paperbased assessment or f2f is irrelevant. You submitted evidence, the OP says they didn't submit any evidence. When did the DWP and their assessors start taking the completely uncorroborated word of claimants? Because if that's what they are now doing, I'll be demanding that they are more rigorous in handing out my hard earned money!

Perhaps you didn't notice the appalling language the OP used? That is uncalled for. None of the posters here did anything other than fairly advise the OP, and speak to them politely. The OP went out of their way to post ridiculous information in order to draw out certain responses and then insulted people for those responses. If we are to believe that this is the typical behavior of mentally ill people, then that is a disservice to people with mental illness. And their demeanor is a disservice to all people who are disabled in any way.

So you just completely ignored what I wrote,I didn't send any evidence on my first claim apart from sick notes i have posted on here before about my first claim which is also being ignored and I have offered twice to prove it but guess what that is also being completely ignored.
    Just because it hasn't happened to anyone on this forum before doesn't mean that it doesn't happen and what OP said has nothing to do with me.
  • gypsyteeny
    gypsyteeny Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I've had Meniers disease for over 16 years now, I got diagnosed 16 years ago, apart from Betahistine tablets there's nothing that can be done, the tablets work for maybe a month then stop working and I can wait up to a year before they work again so now I don't even bother with those, there's absolutely no point in going to my GP as there's nothing they can do, I'm on ESA in the support group, also on DLA, although the Change over to PIP has begun and I've sent off my how illness affects you form, I got ESA paper based and sent in no medical evidence at all, I of course gave my GPS name and surgery address so they could get in touch with her, wether they did or not I don't know, I did explain on a separate piece of paper the reason why I don't see my GP and it's simply because there's no point, I could go and say I'm dizzy all the time, have a really loud ringing in my ear and fall over quite often due to vertigo and all she will say is you have Meniers and there's nothing we can do, so there's no point and I explained that in the letter. So it is possible to get a paper based award without sending in medical evidence, but very rare it happens.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't comment on anyone's particular claim for ESA as I don't know the full details but I was surprised to read that a HP looks at the fit note (Med 3 I think it's called) as part of the assessment process. Also there are a couple of scenarios which see ESA awarded that I had forgotten about. e.g being in hospital. And, of course, a doctor/other health professional could have been contacted (telephone or for form completion) for information.

For anyone interested you can read about it here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/715195/wca-handbook.pdf

• Nooney123456789
    Nooney123456789 Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2018 at 12:06PM
    Options
    gypsyteeny wrote: »
    I've had Meniers disease for over 16 years now, I got diagnosed 16 years ago, apart from Betahistine tablets there's nothing that can be done, the tablets work for maybe a month then stop working and I can wait up to a year before they work again so now I don't even bother with those, there's absolutely no point in going to my GP as there's nothing they can do, I'm on ESA in the support group, also on DLA, although the Change over to PIP has begun and I've sent off my how illness affects you form, I got ESA paper based and sent in no medical evidence at all, I of course gave my GPS name and surgery address so they could get in touch with her, wether they did or not I don't know, I did explain on a separate piece of paper the reason why I don't see my GP and it's simply because there's no point, I could go and say I'm dizzy all the time, have a really loud ringing in my ear and fall over quite often due to vertigo and all she will say is you have Meniers and there's nothing we can do, so there's no point and I explained that in the letter. So it is possible to get a paper based award without sending in medical evidence, but very rare it happens.

Thankyou Gypsy you have just proved that I'm not a liar:T:T
    I asked my doctor if they contacted him and he said no so if you hadn't been to see your gp they probably wouldn't have contacted her.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou Gypsy you have just proved that I'm not a liar:T:T
    I asked my doctor if they contacted him and he said no so if you hadn't been to see your gp they probably wouldn't have contacted her.
    You clearly don't understand what is being said because this isn't evidence of anything. The DWP have evidence that this individual had an incurable disease which they have had for 16 years! The fact that they don't require further evidence now doesn't mean there's no requirement to evidence the illness! If they are satisfied with evidence previously submitted, then that is their choice. But if you go along today, having never given any medical evidence for your claim that you are just now submitting, then you'll be shown the door. And I haven't called you a liar.

You seem intent upon proving that the DWP hand out benefits based on no evidence whatsoever. Quite apart from the fact that that isn't true, don't you realise how very dangerous it is to be saying something like that? Because it suggests that you could claim anything you like, true or not, and get benefits...
  • Jase_
    Jase_ Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 16 August 2018 at 10:48AM
    Options
    I'm in the Support Group until June 21st 2020 and I had my back pay of just over £1,300 paid to me on Tuesday. I'm a very happy chappy :)

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport