ESA - *really* need some help.. [RESULTS ARE IN - PAGE 2]

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jase_ wrote: »
    And as I've said, the rules regarding work in general while being on ESA needs to be made a lot clearer to claimants.

It's absolutely disgusting that they can just stop a claim and send out a letter saying "soz, no more money for you, you're earning too much" when it's not in any way correct. It's not even about me at this point - I think of the unfortunate people who receive letters like this and are in a much worse place mentally than I am. What if a "human error" on the DWP's part causes somebody to do something stupid? I'm just revolted.

The rules are quite clear, permitted work must be agreed in advance. You must fill out a form and let a decision maker look at it.

You obviously haven't read the rules as closely as you think
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's ironic - I have an ESA medical (home visit) this coming Wednesday. Ironic because I'm having a medical for a benefit I've been told I'm no longer in receipt of. No idea what to do about that.

It's doubtful they'd even turn up if your claim has been stopped.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's ironic - I have an ESA medical (home visit) this coming Wednesday. Ironic because I'm having a medical for a benefit I've been told I'm no longer in receipt of. No idea what to do about that.
    As stated, you will need to ring DWP on Monday morning.
  • Jase_
    Jase_ Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Instead of giving the same robotic basic "YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE DWP/RING THE DWP" response, which actually reads like you're a DWP official, try offering some actual helpful advice because what I've read through so far has been nothing but rude, dismissive and unhelpful.
  • Jase_
    Options
    _shel wrote: »
    It's doubtful they'd even turn up if your claim has been stopped.

Cute try but I rang on Friday and the lady confirmed it was still happening.
  • Jase_
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You seem to know everything else about permitted work, i'm surprised you didn't know you had to tell them. It clearly states on all letters that all changes must be reported.

Yeah, why don't you continue to reply with another way of stating "OMG YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD DWP!!!" because it's getting kinda amusing now :rotfl:
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Instead of giving the same robotic basic "YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE DWP/RING THE DWP" response, which actually reads like you're a DWP official, try offering some actual helpful advice because what I've read through so far has been nothing but rude, dismissive and unhelpful.
    I'm not sure exactly what help and advice you'd like to be given here, as no one can answer any of your questions. As i stated only DWP can answer them.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Yeah, why don't you continue to reply with another way of stating "OMG YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD DWP!!!" because it's getting kinda amusing now :rotfl:
    With an attitude like that, i wish you good luck! You may just need it.
  • Cheeky_Monkey
    Cheeky_Monkey Posts: 2,072 Forumite
    Options

Exactly what sort of 'helpful advice' do you want other than what you've already been given i.e. to phone the DWP again on Monday?

Considering that you've already been told by someone at the DWP yesterday that she believed it to be a case of 'human error' I don't know why you are getting so het up about it. I suggest you put your toys back in your pram and wait until Monday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Cute try but I rang on Friday and the lady confirmed it was still happening.

Good luck with that, they probably hadn't been informed your claim has been stopped yet. Why would they waste time and money assessing someone with no valid claim?

I know you wanted everyone to say don't worry you've done nothing wrong you'll get your money ASAP but that's not how a public forum works. Maybe seek out a counsellor if you need reassurance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure