IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Parking Services PCN

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    based on the response in one of the threads that “Euro don’t do court”,
    KeithP wrote: »
    ...could it possibly be that the “Euro don’t do court” comment was referring to Euro Car Parks Limited, whereas you are fighting an entirely different company - Euro Parking Services Limited?

Seconded, the OP has read a Euro Car Parks thread and thought it was about the same company.

We have not said (anywhere) that Euro Parking Services do not do court. They do - but we beat them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 November 2018 at 12:47AM
    Options
    KeithP will tell you when your exact deadlines are and what to do once the defence is complete

nothing you have done so far was going to make any difference whatsoever, it was always likely to end up with an MCOL which is where it is now (its not a summons, its a civil court claim)

we all want you to win and take them to the cleaners

so once the AOS has been done, post your POC in full and the amounts being claimed below, but no personal info and no reference numbers

then start to draft your defence and post it below, for critique

start by reading the BARGEPOLE defences posted in recent months, they are your starter for ten

ps, in post #1 you have named both parking companies, hence even more confusion, I suggest you edit it so only one is listed, the correct one , dont blame us if they all have similar names and initials, lol

Euro Parking Services - EPS - IPC AOS member

Euro Car Parks - ECP - BPA AOS member

ECP has been mentioned more times than EPS, by you and by respondents , but the advice on dealing with each one differs, as does the likelihood of court
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2018 at 12:30AM
    Options
    Issue date on claim form 9th Nov 2018, as you probably know 14 days to respond, the day of service is taken as 5 days after issue date which takes me to the 28th Nov if I acknowledge the service within 14 days I get 28 days from date of service to submit a defence to the court.
    Yes, you seem to have the dates worked out.

With a Claim Issue Date of 9th November, you have until Wednesday 28th November to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having done the AoS, you then have until 4pm on Wednesday 12th December 2018 to file your Defence.

That's three weeks away. Loads of time to produce an excellent Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • securitymatters
    Options
    I registered and acknowledged service of the claim and stated I wish to contest all of the claim today 21st Nov. I await advice on a robust defence, thanking you in advance.
  • securitymatters
    Options
    I have just registered with court and logged an acknowledgment of service tonight 21st Nov, I will read Newby's Thread Post 2 and construct the defence, following the guidlines you suggest, thanks for you assistance thus far, very helpful.
  • Redx
    Options
    I have just registered with court and logged an acknowledgment of service tonight 21st Nov, I will read Newby's Thread Post 2 and construct the defence, following the guidlines you suggest, thanks for you assistance thus far, very helpful.

good , now do what I said earlier first
    so once the AOS has been done, post your POC in full and the amounts being claimed below, but no personal info and no reference numbers

then start to draft your defence and post it below, for critique

start by reading the BARGEPOLE defences posted in recent months, they are your starter for ten
    and edit your posts so the correct parking company is named throughout too, to avoid more confusion
  • securitymatters
    Options
    Claimant Euro Parking Services Ltd or scam peddler.
  • Redx
    Options
    I am under pressure to respond to Euro Parking Services PCN received late December 2017, can't find exact match to my situation in other threads, here goes.

I saw a Euro Car Parks officer in the main car park and went over to speak to him told him what I was doing and asked if I needed to pay for parking (there was no parking machine), he said no he would ok me parking there and would not ticket me, contractors with legitimate reasons for being there are fine, he said.

I saw the chap again and another they assured me it was fine.

I came out to my van after unloading and speaking with customer to find a PCN on windsceen with £100 fee in 28 days and £60 if paid in 14 days.

so did you speak to an EPS employee then, and not what you said in red above, because that comment has meant that fisherjim talked about the incorrect PPC in his reply to you

this is important for your WS in a few months time, because your opening WS in post #1 is flawed , it is one or the other, yet both were mentioned, plus it may matter for your defence too
  • securitymatters
    Options
    On your advice I have corrected the original post with correct details on claimant and charge made in PCN namely "Parking on Double Yellow lines/Crosshatched bay/Restricted area of the car park."
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to show us your draft defence, for comments & help before you submit it.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure