MSE News: Ryanair reduces check-in window to two days - unless you pay to reserve a seat

Options
2»

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    I don't even know what this is/means... how can you check in if you're not there? To me, the language "check in" means "Hello, here I am, standing in front of you, so I can check in, to get onto the plane I expect to shortly be viewable through the windows".
    It used to mean turning up at the airport desk, showing them your tickets and passports, giving them your bags, being asked if you have any nuclear warheards or other prohibited items, and being given a boarding pass with an allocated seat.

These days you can "check in" online often several weeks before the flight and get your boarding pass online.

Ryanair charge you loads extra if you check in the traditional way at the airport. So the only sensible way is to do it online. But they are trying to make it difficult for people who don't buy extras like seat selection.
    You can tell I've never flown .... and I never expect to as it's really not my level of affluence to travel where a plane would be required.
    Seriously?? Ryanair have flights under a tenner. I've had a return to Dublin for 2p :cool: They fly to places that are far cheaper than the UK.

If you ever go on holiday in the UK, or even a weekend away, you'll likely find you can do it for the same sort of price or cheaper with a flight on a budget airline to a cheaper country.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Already a thread on this (started before this one)
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5842884

MSE hijacked my thread..............
    :D:D:D
  • Gillane
    Options
    Was wondering if now there is only a two day window for checking in, is it possible to reserve a seat and therefore be able to check in before you leave for the return leg of your journey only?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure