IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone letter and CCJ - any advice please

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I think we've seen cases where the incorrect details have been similarly filed.

Here's their email addresses, but make your (or son's) call to the CCBC first.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73894406&postcount=61
    pek wrote: »
    Brilliant Umkomass. Thanks for the email addresses. Email been sent to all three addresses.

Why are you emailing Gladstones? They've finished with this now they've achieved a favourable County Court Judgment.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2018 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Why are you emailing Gladstones? They've finished with this now they've achieved a favourable County Court Judgment.

because CM asked him to find out where the LBC from GLADRAGS went

from that statement , I thought "where did the MCOL and other paperwork go too ?"

plus he hasnt had the court judgment yet either (from Northampton)

so it seems that HORIZON had the correct address, the OP states that no papers have ever come from gladrags , not even an LBC, ALSO not even their infamous "deal with it on papers" letter , nor from Northampton CCBC either

its as if HORIZON gave the wrong details to gladrags , who then did the same with the court , or gladrags caused the issue with the wrong details, or the court did, but it seems to centre around gladrags due to no papers from them or from the court , yet miraculously they correctly sent this new gloating "we won" letter
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not convinced that Gs are going to be helpful - but we'll soon know. The OP should get a definitive answer from the CCBC.

All interesting stuff.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    edited 22 April 2018 at 11:14PM
    Options
    neither am I , because this last letter went to the correct person and address

they will probably claim all their other drivel went there too, possibly with proof of posting (franked mail) , so we might not get to the bottom of their error from the golf club, BUT it doesnt excuse the fact that the MCOL etc never arrived at the correct address (according to the OP)

seems to me that it stinks because gladrags always send their "hear it on papers" letter
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BTW my daughter at uni just called to say she has an Horizon parking ticket from a Sainsbury car park!

That one is easy, play it properly, as per the NEWBIES thread, as keeper, or she should complain to Sainsburys of course, if she was a genuine patron. Easy peasy if she does it right.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pek
    pek Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Court has said they sent papers to this address. I open all post and definitely not received. I'm going to get in touch with the post office as this is actually not the first time lately that our post hasn't arrived. Anyway the £669.82 fine is for not one but five unpaid PCNs for parking in Sainsbury’s. He works in an estate agent and they do not provide enough parking for the staff so they park in the local Sainsbury’s and just keep moving their cars but obviously not soon enough. I think that his bosses are ultimately responsible but they are not interested. I've told him I think we should just pay seeing as it is for 5 PCNs. Hopefully if he pays straight away it will not affect his credit rating. Kids who would have them. Anyway thank you very much to everyone on here for their advice. I actually quite enjoyed being told off too. Made me feel young again as if I was back at school lol. Anyway thanks again.
  • pek
    Options
    We have emailed Gladstone this evening offering them £300.
  • Redx
    edited 23 April 2018 at 10:13PM
    Options
    pek wrote: »
    Anyway the £669.82 fine is for not one but five unpaid PCNs for parking in Sainsbury!!!8217;s. He works in an estate agent and they do not provide enough parking for the staff so they park in the local Sainsbury!!!8217;s and just keep moving their cars but obviously not soon enough. I think that his bosses are ultimately responsible but they are not interested. I've told him I think we should just pay seeing as it is for 5 PCNs.

he is actually responsible , as the driver , to ensure he has parked correctly and with permission from the landowner

this is why these parking companies get their contracts, because they convince store owners and retailers etc that their premises are being used incorrectly by people parking there who are not genuine customers and so should not be parking there

we sympathise with you but we do not condone a driver parking on private land where that driver has no right or permission to be there

that driver and any others have to learn that they cannot just park wherever they like , just because it is "convenient" so hopefully paying this will teach said driver a lesson about "crime and punishment"

I would give my kids a serious b****ing if they came to me with this and a pathetic excuse as was given to you for all this trouble and strife

my local Morrissons have just brought a similar system in for the same reasons

good luck for the future
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Court has said they sent papers to this address.
    You will no doubt have received a copy of the Judgment from the Court.
    They want him to pay £669.82

This will be interesting. A CCJ over £600 at your address for your son. Have you receipts for everything if the bailiffs call?
  • pek
    Options
    Some people on here are not very nice people at all. First of all I thought it was kind of funny but now think just nasty.
    Anyway we offered Gladstones £300 last night by email and at 8am this morning they emailed back to say it was rejected. Would they have had to ask Horizon first? Should we contact Horizon and make them an offer.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure