Am I over reacting?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Mummy2cheekymonkeys
    Options
    That is so sad to hear. My partner and I struggled for years to get pregnant. I knew there would be problems due to years of health problems on my part. I'm 30. I think a lot of people take there fertility for granted and assume that when the time comes that they decide they want children it will just happen for them but they would rather enjoy their holidays and free time for now lol. It's even sadder that you would actually like to have children but know it is not right at the moment with you partner. I would hate for you to look back in say 10 years and find that you have missed your opportunity because of his actions.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If he threatens to kill himself, tell someone he knows and get them to go round there. One bloke said it to me once many moons ago - I rang his sister and told her. They are usually SO embarrassed and humiliated when someone else finds out as it's purely being used as control and they bloody well know it.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    last_mile wrote: »
    i suppose its all down to me and when i feel i have had enough.

sometimes it goes well for a while and you forget the bad bits only to realize its only going well because your no longer living life.

Classic controlling behaviour - if he senses he's pushed you too far and you're considering leaving, he'll either threaten to hurt himself or back off and be nice for a while - whichever he thinks will keep you under his control.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    If he threatens to kill himself, tell someone he knows and get them to go round there. One bloke said it to me once many moons ago - I rang his sister and told her. They are usually SO embarrassed and humiliated when someone else finds out as it's purely being used as control and they bloody well know it.

Agree with this... my ex -who I referenced earlier in this thread threatened to kill herself if I broke up with her, I ended the relationship & she called me & said she was going somewhere where no one would find her & she hopes I will feel happy when I hear the news in the morning that she isn't here anymore.

I called her mum & told her, safe to say she got the help she needed.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business