Awarded pip out of nowhere?!

Options

Comments

• Nannytone
    Nannytone Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please provide details of how a pension credit payment of £700 can be achieved by one couple/B]
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Nannytone wrote: »
    Please provide details of how a pension credit payment of £700 can be achieved by one couple/B]

It includes an extra premium to cover repairs to the bridge when billy goats gruff go trip trapping over it.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    It includes an extra premium to cover repairs to the bridge when billy goats gruff go trip trapping over it.

I just spit my tea out when I read this!

This deserves a love button not a like one!

My eldest son loved Billy Goats Gruff.

:rotfl:
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Nannytone wrote: »
    I never said that it was a pension credit payment of up to £700
    What I did say was:

This can rise depending on the other benefits that you are also in receipt of to close to £700 a week for a couple.
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Blah blah blah....
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    If you are getting £700 a week already, why would one need Personal Independence Payment as well? Or is that included in that mystical figure?
    Danday wrote: »
    What I did say was:

This can rise depending on the other benefits that you are also in receipt of to close to £700 a week for a couple.
  • Nannytone
    Nannytone Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What I did say was:

That in Furs that pension credit can rise to £700 a week dependent on other benefits.

Although I'm still uncertain of your £700 figure this would also include non means-tested benefit

please can you provide a complete breakdown because I've be really interested
  • Danday
    Options
    batg wrote: »
    If you are getting £700 a week already, why would one need Personal Independence Payment as well? Or is that included in that mystical figure?

Included (well it was included but hopefully it will restart subject to the DWP changing their decision following the MR application) with the highest rate (life award) of AA that my wife claims
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Included (well it was included but hopefully it will restart subject to the DWP changing their decision following the MR application) with the highest rate (life award) of AA that my wife claims

AA has either a fixed end date or an indefinite award.

An indefinite award doesn't mean that you get it for the rest of your life. It just means that there is no fixed date for renewal.

Of course it is quite possible that your wife's AA will not need to be reviewed but just giving you a 'heads up'.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/attendance-allowance/claiming-attendance-allowance/renew-an-attendance-allowance-claim/
  • Danday
    Options
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    AA has either a fixed end date or an indefinite award.

An indefinite award doesn't mean that you get it for the rest of your life. It just means that there is no fixed date for renewal.

Of course it is quite possible that your wife's AA will not need to be reviewed but just giving you a 'heads up'.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/attendance-allowance/claiming-attendance-allowance/renew-an-attendance-allowance-claim/

Thank you, I was aware that it was an indefinite award. There is little point in notifying the DWP of any deterioration in her health as she is on the highest award that can be awarded
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure