Awarded pip out of nowhere?!

Options

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ames wrote: »

Given that says he has a level of input people with even the most serious mental health problems can only dream of, it's amazing that he's never included them in his benefit claims.
    Yes, my thoughts exactly. All of this is just ridiculous now to be honest. All the lies, all the different stories. I wonder what will be posted next.... :eek:
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    Just want to point out you can quote posts from other threads. If you hit the multiquote button on the post you want to quote and then hit reply on the thread you want to quote it in there'll be a little messsage under the reply box that says

'quote this post as well' and 'deselect this post' are links to do that action.

(Hopefully that was clear enough!)

You would not believe how many times I have tried to do multi quote, usually when I am trying to bring up certain posters contradictory comments, but, it never works for me.

:(
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I'm not even sure why you're asking this now, as you say you never even included this on any of your forms. As you didn't do that it's irrelevant now anyway. I have no idea why you would choose not to include something like Mental health in either of your claims. I have to admit a lot of the time your posts really do make me shake my head and wonder......

From way back in time when I was claiming DLA and when I used to put down on the DLA1 form I did highlight the problems that I had and have which were caused by mental health issues. As I have said the IIDB claims have been fine and that claim was entirely down to mental health. Yet I have never had acceptance from the DWP as regards DLA that I had these problems. Indeed on one occasion I submitted a copy of the discharge letter after spending time under section which still fell on deaf ears.
    So when PIP came about I decided that it would be better for me to put all of my energy into the physical side. All of the points I have had all relate to physical issues. Even after telling the assessor the first time round back in 2013 of some of the problems, it was and has continued to be the case that the mental health examination section report has always concluded that I do not have any mental health issues. Since then I gave up with the second PIP2 form and the review form.
    I took the view that it was pretty clear that no one was going to believe me no matter what I said or did.
    So, as I have said, I now concentrate on the physical aspects that they do believe.
  • Danday
    Options
    Do you have a link to the rule that says pensioners can't have someone claim carers allowance for looking after them? I doubt it, because it's simply not true.

Given that says he has a level of input people with even the most serious mental health problems can only dream of, it's amazing that he's never included them in his benefit claims.
    The issue being discussed is that it is my wife that cares for me and as she receives the SP, Carers payments are not made.
    Anybody that receives an income replacement benefit is not able to claim Carers payments on top.

I have explained why - years of the DWP not accepting that I do have these problems has resulted in not wasting my time trying to defend the indefensible.
  • Danday
    Options
    I will not make any further comment as to do so could leave me open to being accused of hijacking a thread.
  • Hoogle
    Hoogle Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Danday wrote: »
    I will not make any further comment as to do so could leave me open to being accused of hijacking a thread.

LOL a bit late now isn't it? Skimmed read it and this whole thread seems to be about you in some shape or form
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Carers payments are not made.
    Anybody that receives an income replacement benefit is not able to claim Carers payments on top.
    I have no idea what you're talking about here. My daughter receives PIP and i claim Income Related ESA. Yes i claim Carers Allowance £62.70 per week, and i receive the Carers Premium on top of my ESA.

The CA is taken off my ESA and a premium is added. CA then pay me.
  • Danday
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about here. My daughter receives PIP and i claim Income Related ESA. Yes i claim Carers Allowance £62.70 per week, and i receive the Carers Premium on top of my ESA.

The CA is taken off my ESA and a premium is added. CA then pay me.

Exactly, as ESA is an income replacement benefit you cannot receive Carers Allowance AND your full entitlement from ESA. Your ESA is reduced by CA so you are no better off from that point of view but as you are claiming a means tested benefit also you do get some benefit by way of a premium.

However for pensioners that does not happen. Anybody entitled to Carers Allowance but also receives the State Pension does NOT get any payment from the CA award - they still continue to receive their full pension. For a pensioner that is not claiming a means tested benefit they still have an underlying entitlement to CA but as I have said it does not go into payment. Having that underlying entitlement may enable a means tested benefit to be paid in which case the pensioner would just get the premium.
    For those pensioners that are never likely to be able to claim a means tested benefit - PC - due to say a large bank balance etc then in reality they will never see any benefit in making a claim for CA.
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    You say you receive Pension Credit?
    Isn't Pension Credit means tested? For a couple it's around £248 a week isn't it?

Exactly, as ESA is an income replacement benefit you cannot receive Carers Allowance AND your full entitlement from ESA. Your ESA is reduced by CA so you are no better off from that point of view but as you are claiming a means tested benefit also you do get some benefit by way of a premium.

However for pensioners that does not happen. Anybody entitled to Carers Allowance but also receives the State Pension does NOT get any payment from the CA award - they still continue to receive their full pension. For a pensioner that is not claiming a means tested benefit they still have an underlying entitlement to CA but as I have said it does not go into payment. Having that underlying entitlement may enable a means tested benefit to be paid in which case the pensioner would just get the premium.
    For those pensioners that are never likely to be able to claim a means tested benefit - PC - due to say a large bank balance etc then in reality they will never see any benefit in making a claim for CA.
  • Danday
    Options
    batg wrote: »
    You say you receive Pension Credit?
    Isn't Pension Credit means tested? For a couple it's around £248 a week isn't it?

Yes it is but in terms of how much you get is well above all of the other means tested benefits. The starting figure for a couple is I believe £248 a week. This can rise depending on the other benefits that you are also in receipt of to close to £700 a week for a couple, a figure that given the relevant entitlements is the amount the government say you need to live on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure