IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

*URGENT HELP* Appealing Parking Charge taken to court

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2018 at 8:43PM
    Options
    Do you know what a link is?

Look for the heading:
    WITNESS STATEMENT EXAMPLES

CM told you to look for a link to a WS by bargepole, so look for these words after that:
    Here's a WS example by bargepole in 2018

Immediately after that is the link you are looking for.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG this is like pulling teeth.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    Options
    GiaPetite wrote: »
    Only thing is, if they do take me to court, I can't use any other evidence than what I have submitted.

You haven't submitted any evidence yet, have you?
  • GiaPetite
    GiaPetite Posts: 63 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry Coupon-mad but I have a learning difficulty and am struggling with this more than other people might. No I haven't submitted anything. I thought you said to just resend the Defence I have already done during the Acknowledgment of Service stage not to write a new one altogether. I found the link but I am still struggling with what to include.

Will it be enough to send pictures of the signage where the terms and conditions aren't displayed and to compare them to the Beavis case? Also I was thinking of sending 2 letters, 1 from the previous owner of the flat and another from the tenant in the flat who the driver was visiting. I'm not sure what else to include?

Thanks
  • KeithP
    Options
    You need a Witness Statement.

CM as pointed you towards a suitable Witness Statement.

No-one, repeat, no-one has even remotely come anywhere near suggesting that you resend your Defence as a Witness Statement, so please get that idea out of your head.

You now have a Witness Statement, don't you?
    Adjust it to fit your circumstances and then post your draft WS here.

We'll get on to evidence later. One thing at a time.
  • GiaPetite
    Options
    Ok I will do that. One thing is, the point that was raised in the defence letter was myself being the registered keeper however not being the driver and that it was another driver who was visiting a resident of a flat. How do I go around this?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Get around it? Was it not true? You didn't lie in the defence did you?

If that is true (that you were not driving) then clearly you write the WS from the point of view of being the registered keeper, not the driver, just like all the other ones exactly like yours that are written by registered keepers who were not driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    OMG...can't find the unsubscribe button quick enough!!!
  • GiaPetite
    edited 16 August 2018 at 1:26PM
    Options
    I'm confused which avenue to go down. What I meant was, I was the registered keeper of the car but I'm not anymore and it was another driver visiting the resident. I don't have any proof of that now. However I have strong evidence of inadequate signage not stating the terms and conditions and not stating the time limit. Plus I know it was parked in a V spot and the driver was visiting. How can I combine both points in the witness statment? They could ask me who was driving.

Computersaysno - I don't know what the comment is supposed to mean but if you meant it as a dig because of my 'incompetence' or whatever you're thinking, I have learning difficulties and I need help. I don't understand things straight away and they need to be repeated a few times. Please be nice people.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2018 at 7:42PM
    Options
    You say your condition means that you need help

As previously suggested to you in #6:

Can't you get someone to help you go through this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure