Busy Mee's Last Leg

Options

Comments

• Busy_Mee
    Busy_Mee Posts: 422 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't worry managed to work out how to do it  :)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Can't see any signature at all now. I did copy mine away before the switch and had the same as you - July sig was brought forward - I just over-copied the last one. It is the only place I can get coloured text to work, by the way :§
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Goodness Busy, I ‘drift off 🙄” for a bit and Mr B only achieves retirement and you’ve got a wizzy new role - congratulations all round, so nice to see hard work and forward planning coming together 😊
    I was so sorry to hear about your sad loss, it’s so hard when the oldies start to go, I still miss my old dad so much😕
    You are so on the ball with your new bank accounts.  I’m off to investigate- thanks for the nudge !  PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,917 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have heard lots of good stuff about 1917, maybe we’ll go soon. Not relaxing though, I gather!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you got to have some free fun at the cinema. We watched knives out at the cinema recently that was fun. It was in one of those with reclining seats so we had a good time.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Busy_Mee
    edited 16 February 2020 at 2:49PM
    Options
    Grrr just lost a long post :angry:
    I will try again. Thanks everyone for popping in.
    Pinky lovely to see you back. I hope you are well.
    Ventured out this morning to do the supermarket shop whilst Storm Dennis was still raging...boy it was grim. Anyway shopping done and I am pleased to say I am keeping within budget. As I am trying to lose weight I am trying to eat really healthily and cooking from scratch. 

I did treat us to a bunch of flowers to cheer the house up and a growing pot of coriander and basil. These are not only great  in cooking but look and smell great indoors. I feel like I need a lift at the moment, the weather is really making me feel a little meh.

I have tried a new recipe today Sweet Potato and Black Bean Shepherds pie. It is all prepared  and ready to go into the oven later. I will let you know the verdict. There are various variations online, some vegetarian and some not, but it is basically chilli with black beans, topped with mashed sweet potato. 

I have sliced up a net of limes, and put them in the freezer. I always do this with lemon and limes and then you always have them in for cooking or they are perfect still frozen dropped into a G&T  :)
    I was reflecting about how much I use my freezer in the effort to reduce waste, and I probably have a lot of,what other people would consider strange things in there.  I always split a can of coconut milk into four little tubs, as I love it in curry and soup but would never use a whole can. I always have grated cheese in there (either leftover block cheese grated or bought ready grated from Lidl on their weekend deal). I always split sliced bread into 2 or 3 bags, we don't eat that much and this keeps it fresher. I read somewhere that bread is the foodstuff we waste the most, with far too much ending up at landfill. I also process any veg that we won't use and have tubs of mashed potatoes and sliced peppers in there too. We always end up glad of it all and it means you can often put a meal together with little effort.

I hope you are all keeping and warm and safe today and let's hope the weather improves soon.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,917 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think that’s why my freezer seems full but there’s not actually much in the way of coherent ingredients in there... it’s all random savings!!

Bet the herbs are making the kitchen smell lovely!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cooking sounds yum. DH treated me to tulips too today. Flowers really make a difference at this time of year.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,471 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    themadvix said:
    Have heard lots of good stuff about 1917, maybe we’ll go soon. Not relaxing though, I gather!
    Not relaxing at all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Busy_Mee
    Options
    The verdict on the Sweet Potato and Black Bean Shepherds Pie was that it was OK. We all felt that the sweet potato was a bit err sweet. The chilli part was very nice though, made with Turkey Breast mince which is much lower in fat than beef mince. I haven't used it before and I would definitely use it again. The black beans were a nice change from kidney beans but I tend to use mixed beans in chilli type dishes anyway.
    I had a shocking night's sleep last night as it was blowing a gale outside. I have an important meeting today and just hoping I will be sharp enough.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback