IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL: telling me I have a ccj I don’t have.?

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    THat doesnt help. that is merely the PoC filed with the court - ie the claimants case against you.

Did you ask the SPECIFIC questions from C_M above?
  • Donowl1981
    Donowl1981 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    What sort of specific questions do you think I should be asking? From what I gather The only thing I cans do is apply for a set aside and try to win a re hearing. This is all the court sent when I asked them to confirm the ccj attached to the letter the debt collectors have sent.
    Thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Is this the same case as in your other thread?

If so please keep everything in one thread

Ask a board guide to merge your threads
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    how can you ask for a setaside when there is no ccj?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    OK you now have multiple threads
    Until you STOP MAKING NEW THREADS I will not try to understand where you are, and will not post
    Post EIGHT in this thread gave you questions to ask the court. Did you do ANY of whats been asked, in the 2 weeks since you got here?

You only have a limited time - 21 days usually - to file a set aside. Youre eating into that time and confusing people here.
  • Donowl1981
    Options
    Ok
    Apologies for the second thread. The second thread was more related to dealing with the debt collectors as I am struggling to see a way of not paying up.
    As you can see from the email I quoted above I emailed the CCBC and quoted the reference number given to me by DCBL, turns out the ccj must be linked to an old address as nothing shows up on Expedia or TrustOnline. The CCJ was apparently issued over a year ago and I only received a response from the CCBC this morning so I am guessing the 21 days response you are talking about is now irrelevant.
    Sorry for any confusion, trust me I am confusing myself more !!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You misunderstand.

Once you know about a ccj against you then you must promptly make a set aside application

If you only found out about it today/very recently then a set aside is your way forward
  • Donowl1981
    Options
    Ok thanks, am in two minds to be honest, really don!!!8217;t want to pay these tvvats, but then £255 for the set aside and then the possibility I will have to just pay the debt anyway?
  • ixworth
    ixworth Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Donowl1981 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, am in two minds to be honest, really don!!!8217;t want to pay these tvvats, but then £255 for the set aside and then the possibility I will have to just pay the debt anyway?

... against the inconvenience and possible financial hardship that having a CCJ registered against you for 6 years will cause.

In any case, if you genuinely haven't received any documentation about a court case or the apparent resulting CCJ then you stand a chance of getting the set-aside fee back. Especially if it's the PCC that didn't exercise enough care when raising the MCOL claim.

I'm still confused about the lack of CCJ showing on Experian. They would show CCJs relating to any previous address that you might have been registered at.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    the info from the court only shows the claim , it does not mention that tthere was a default or ccj issued , if there was an active ccj it would show , even at an old address
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure