I want to believe I can do this!

Options

Comments

• efes_shareholder
    Options
    pidge04 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. It is a very dysfunctional set up we are in. From January, I will be saving £200 a month towards my exit from this very dysfunctional set up. I can’t afford at the moment to move apart but it is coming. For everyone’s sake, it needs to happen. I am going to ask for his financial support this month. I’ve been in some debt or other the whole of my adult life but this last lot of debt (maxing out 2 credit cards in 18 months) comes from giving up a well-paid part time job because it was completely untenable and taking a less well paid part time job but still continuing to pay more or less half of everything. Food shopping, petrol and phone bills went into those debts which is ridiculous. I’m heading towards financial freedom and then personal freedom from the situation I am in.

Good luck with this , It's as important as paying off your debts that you get yourself out of a situation that no longer serves you happiness
    A healthy mind is just as important as healthy finances x
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    pidge04 wrote: »
    Next December my signature will be:
    Loan £1830
    Credit card £1000!
    My goodness...that's really something to look forward to!
    Wahoo! That's something to grin about :D
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brilliant advice from Kitten, and I'm so glad you've decided to do something about your situation. ((hugs)) X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry I was a bit brief this morning but I got called away by kids.

I think it's great that you're going to ask him to pay his half on some of the expenses this month. Maybe he should be the one to take her school shoe shopping?

I'm assuming from how you're speaking you've made or are making a plan. I think that's great. You can definitely do this.

I'm really impressed how far forward you're projecting with your debts. Definitely a great feeling seeing that all your efforts are having a great impact even though it just feels like slog in the here and now.

With Christmas trees I remember there were some bargains on the Argos eBay outlets. There's also loads on my local Facebook selling pages at the moment. We got ours from Tesco and I love it but the two year old broke one of the branches. Typical when I finally get one that doesnt look like Charlie Brown's Christmas. We don't do much beyond the tree but I think it's all you really need. Xxxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Check entitled to. I think you'd have more money if you left him. Maybe even get some advice at the cab. And find out his income and do a csa calculator. Obviously do all of this on secret browser. I'm not bossing you about although it sounds like it. I just hate hearing you struggle and being put in awkward positions with rude people when all you want to do is look after your little girl xxxx

Oh I will do so. I assumed that I wouldn't be entitled to anything. I will definitely check. Thank you.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04
    Options
    Good luck with this , It's as important as paying off your debts that you get yourself out of a situation that no longer serves you happiness
    A healthy mind is just as important as healthy finances x

Very true...thank you.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »

With Christmas trees I remember there were some bargains on the Argos eBay outlets. There's also loads on my local Facebook selling pages at the moment. We got ours from Tesco and I love it but the two year old broke one of the branches. Typical when I finally get one that doesnt look like Charlie Brown's Christmas. We don't do much beyond the tree but I think it's all you really need. Xxxxx

I sold a brand new tree last Christmas which I had bought in the sale the previous year to raise some cash...could kick myself now! Totally agree. I do love a tealight too - always bring some cheer. Simpler the better!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is so typical! I was only asking about the real tree because of the ikea deal.

Hope you're doing alright Pidge. Keep checking for an update. Xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • pidge04
    Options
    Just to commit my current thoughts and plans to a schedule...

Next week - pay off half (of the smallest) credit card debt.

Just before Christmas Eve, pay off the remaining balance.

From the end of January until December 2019, give my Mum £80 a month to save for me to pay off my overdraft. Every 4 months, pay £320 off overdraft.

From 25th January, set up a direct debit to pay £100 a month off remaining credit card.

From January 25th, save £200 towards my independence.

That’s my plan!
  • pidge04
    Options
    I am back to babysitting tonight. Feels like a more positive experience than before.
    I shall be extremely grateful for the extra cash.
    About to work out my monthly budget for December. Yikes!
    Feeling ok though... at the moment I can see a glimmer of light in the distance.
    I absolutely MUST list a bunch of stuff on eBay. Why do I find it so hard to find the time to do that? Any tips? Just got to stop the procrastinating and get on with it!
    Ok, to my monthly budget and working out how I can work some miracles!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure