Vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Options
12346»

Comments

• qianbao
    Options
    hoover and dyson are famous brand among the vacuum cleaner industry. It's good but a little expensive. I think for the single people, if you just live in the rent house and it's not very big, I recommend MOOSOO and APOSEN to you, their product are more cheaper and meanwhile they have the smaller vacuum cleaner.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    spammer pulling up a 2-year-old plus thread to recommend brands well I have never heard of
  • RunningKatie
    Options
    We have a Shark lift-away and find this the best by far, we have tried Vax and Dyson.
    Working hard to save a giant deposit for the dream house...
    Then taking on a giant mortgage to buy the dream house...
    To then become mortgage free!! :beer:
  • Apjs87
    Apjs87 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The best vacuums I've had have all been corded. In my experience they are just better at getting up pet hair and dust. I do also have a cordless hoover and have tried Bosch (fell apart) and Shark (poor suction) and now have a Dyson v11. I'm impressed with it however I still feel corded is best for a deeper clean.
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 819 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Charles numatic is my go-to - very powerful, almost too powerful, as if a stray ball goes anywhere near the hose it's sucked up! It's also wet and dry, so if our fishtanks leak or the cats decide to throw water everywhere then it's an easy clean up. 

I also have a vax cordless thing that's absolutely useless - it won't pick up anything without max power and the brush on, and if you're silly enough to pick it up while the brush is turning it will throw whatever is inside it at your legs, which is pretty painful if it's cat litter! On top of that it gets gunked full of cat hair and needs deep cleaning almost every use. 
  • pokora
    pokora Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use a pair of pet grooming gloves for the carpet and after a Dyson DC40 corded to collect the hair.
  • hob_nob_bob
    Options
    I love my Shark lift away. Unsure of the exact model but do remember it said it has an anti-hair wrap brush? I have very long hair and lose a lot of it daily, plus I live with two cats and a dog, and find that this vacuum is really good. I bought this after having a Dyson (still have it, I just don't use it) and it's SO much better.
  • Juilet799
    Juilet799 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 18 July 2021 at 11:36AM
    Options
    I prefer vacuum cleaners cordless. Thus I decided to buy Eureka RapidClean cordless, it’s pretty incredible that this vacuum can run for 40 minutes fade-free on maximum power. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback