Vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Options

Comments

• atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    Hey, Atrix - not seen you around for ages (mainly because I don't have anything to do with cars, probably :)).

How's your Mum? Hope everything's well.
    Its been a rough time of to be honest Jo, weve lost pretty much all the elder generation in one side the family in quite quick succession, mum attended the funeral of her cousin last week to cancer, he never told any one of it, and my mum old nextdoor neighbour who she new for many years passed away too and she attended her funeral Friday last. Ontop of this mum lost her mum too aug 2016, Then we my uncle her brother, this year on his birthday collapsed with stroke.

Mums also had a terrible time with her own health 2016 into 2017, She has had cancer called spindle cell carcinoma which unbelievably can mimic any cell in the body its only distinguished by "spindled looking charectoristics within the mimicked cell" as I understand it, it can cause tumors to appear in any place in the body as so it chooses, which happened with mum in her breast, the tumor was removed along with lymph nodes under the arm pit, that was the easy bit the operation well say easy not even that went as planned, the harder bit was mum had to rounds of chemo and radiotherapy as a belts and braces treatment. The not good part of the operation was that mums heart decided that it could no longer time itself to pump blood and went into some sort of cardiac arrhythmia and wouldn't correct on its own, so, they had to rebook her in for a pacemaker, but she couldn't have a normal one because of the tests needed for consultants for the cancer, they place any metal one inside her due to CT and MRI scans she needed, so they had to put in a all plastic one. The signs are its cleared, she needs 12 months check ups now. She has "chemo brain" from her chemo treatment, she went through radio therapy too, lost all her hair, she takes tablets for hormone therapy as they think it may have taken to her hormone cells or something.

No in all honesty I don't bother with MSE all that much I come on and I go for long periods im not really interested in MSE its not what it used to be.

I lost Coco my ragdoll cat back on 2nd nov, paid £180.00 to have him cremated.

So here it comes BARNEY UPDATE: Barney is alive! his furr is twice as thick as it used to be as you all know mum used to let him out in the back garden, he grew a thick undercoat, so get more regular brushes and yes he still hates being brushed, got use those dreamies and treatsticks or he wont come near you, Mum moved house to another location but still in our county and did the place up really nice, barney didn't take to well to the move, lost a little weight got really vocal and mischievous and tried to escape back home every chance he got, during summer 2017 he was pretty much on lock down, only time he could go out was with a harness and lead. We still harness him now as he does love to escape into the surrounding gardens but he does come back thank god. He put on weight this year and he looks amazing nice thick coat. He's still very vocal and chatty and loves his cat toys even goes and takes them out the basket to play on his own. His toileting is better, and he still announces he's "been". He's enjoying the watching the birds fly by and I swear ive heard him laughing at the bees when they hit the front window. As always Barney is loved by all who clap eyes on him, and around close the new neighbours they all adore him, neighbour opposite mam came over to look at the jobs mam have done to the new house and he Yorkshire terrier cam in behind the dog walked into the living room barney jumped down hammered the living daylights out of this poor door who looked like a deer in the headlights, the dogs owner was laughing real hard she found barney amusing, others neighbours place bets on what window he'll be sat in when the come home from shopping etc.

So there we guys. family has taken a right battering hoping to get this year passed us now.

Sorry about the thread hijack.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Ah, I'm sorry to hear that it's been a tough couple of years. I hope things calm down/get easier for everyone now - best wishes to Mum. x
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • shenazkadri
    Options
    Shark Navigator Lift Away is one of the best vacuum cleaners available in the market. This product is lighter in weight. It produces the least noise. Also comes with 5 year warranty.
  • Kerry1978
    Options
    Hi! I dont know if you still need any help with picking one but I used hooverexpert.com to pick, hope it helps! X
  • colin.delport
    Options
    I haven't idea about the Vaccum Cleaner brands but I purchased Electrolux vacuum cleaner from the
    Ducted Vacuums AUSTRALIA these services its awesome.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I haven't idea about the Vaccum Cleaner brands but I purchased Electrolux vacuum cleaner from the
    Ducted Vacuums AUSTRALIA these services its awesome.

How much os the delivery charge from Australia to UK?
  • mluton
    mluton Posts: 796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We bought a Harry (Henry's Brother) perfect for the pet hairs.
  • Coil
    Options
    Hi please can you help me select a vacuum for my new laminate floor, I've been looking at stick battery vacuums don't want one with bristles as it could damage the floor. Also top of the range are out of my budget £80 to &100 would be ok , many thanks .
  • annetheman
    annetheman Posts: 856 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Shark Powered Lift Away True Pet for me, as well! My cat is very hairy :D
    Current debt-free wannabe stats:
    Credit cards: £12,228.11 | Loans: £8,608.11 | Student Loan (Plan 1): £15,121.42 | Total: £35,957.64 
    Debt-free target: 21-Mar-2025
    Debt-free diary
  • amandacat
    amandacat Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I have 3 cats. I like cordless vacuums. have a Dyson V8 animal, it replaced my Dyson V7. Both have lifted the cat hair and had enough power for my 3 bed house. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback