Cheery's country living adventure

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the phone palavers, Cheery - your word "vexing" comes to mind! With the nano/micro sim issue, can I pick your brain? How will you get your contacts list and messages and whatnot over to the new phone, if you can't import from your old sim? Do you have to let all that go? Puzzling over that did impact my choice of phone last year, I confess, I never sorted it ...

Glad your willow got planted :j:j:j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,792 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Crikey it's wet out there :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl: Don't think I'm even going to bother having a shower :rotfl:

Doing a bit of YNAB while I have my tea. Everything reconciled, and wages paid in - but next month has rather a shortfall given our ludicrous over-spending. I pulled in some money from the savings account to cover what we're doing to the house (which is what we saved for in the first place, after all), but I think I'm going to have to pull some in to cover the car repairs and both of us having crowns within a few weeks of each other :o

Gosh it feels like failure :o:o:o I *know* that's what emergency funds are for :o:o Neither of these things feel like 'emergencies' though. But in reality, between them that's £1200 worth of unexpected spending - I had enough in general funds to cover one crown and repair to one car but not both :o

So I'm going to pull in £1000 :eek: That will leave the main account solvent again :eek:

Thank goodness this wayleave payment of £2000 will arrive at some point, that will make me feel better! And I must also remember that Mr Cheery is doing the bulk of the work on the house that we'd budgeted to have someone else do, so that will save us a fair bit.

Best pull my finger out with Prolific etc again :o :rotfl:

*Cheery goes away to count blessings and stop being such a misery guts*
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    *Cheery comes back having checked her figures, given herself a kick up the a*se, and realises she only needs to transfer £500 from the savings account and feels much better*

:D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I understand the temporary misery-guts feeling though, Cheery. After years of our efforts on savings, withdrawing all that money feels awful - but you're exactly right, thats what its there for. And the spending you're doing is utterly essential. My withdrawals include two cruises, remember **quakes in horror, then accepts responsibility** :D
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    *Cheery comes back having checked her figures, given herself a kick up the a*se, and realises she only needs to transfer £500 from the savings account and feels much better*

:D

Well that is a result then!:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheery with your new phone you said you could use it with the house wifi but not make calls. Mine has a setting that allows me to use the wifi to make calls. I only learnt this recently when the whole village was without mobile signal and someone posted, very helpfully, on the local FB page. Maybe worth looking to see if yours has similar? It's called Wifi Calling on mine I think and I have a fruity phone
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Afternoon all :hello:

Well, I have quit with my little drama and life is refreshingly back to normal :o Nothing too much to report. Cafe trips aplenty of course :o And Sunday is chicken collection day :eek: so I've ordered bedding, food (and a metal bin to keep it in), red mite powder etc which all adds up (but I had been saving into a separate pot for chicken supplies so all ok. And we're making the coop and run ourselves from various things we already had lying around so that's saved us a small fortune :money:

YNAB all sorted (within a week of my last go for once!) and only £3.66 allocated to budget fiddling. Not too bad - I'm trying to get back into the habit of entering things in the app as I spend them, but I had a week and a half without a working phone so it all got a bit lost. Not too bad considering.

Er, can't think of anything else MSE-related... Refund for new phone should arrive within the next few days :j

Oh, and I'm just about to buy a hoover as ours gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago and sweeping is quite tedious... :eek:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    And we're making the coop and run ourselves from various things we already had lying around so that's saved us a small fortune :money:
    That's very country of you, Cheery, wonderful stuff. Will you give them names?
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Yes they'll definitely have names! Going to wait til we meet them before deciding :D i quite like old lady names for chickens but we'll see. A local village has 'remarkable women' as a theme for its activities this year so I might tie in with that :D

Suggestions appreciated!
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chickens! How exciting!
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories