PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Trying to be in this week. The house is a mess because I didn't lift a finger last week except to raise mugs of honey, ginger and lemon. I am still left with a bunged-up head and racking cough, but I can't ignore the piles of work and long lists of flying that have to be done this week. The toddler group that I'm starting up opens on Thursday and there is loads to prepare for that, and of course there's prep to be done for college tomorrow, but I have written myself some lists and will knuckle down to it.

Thank you Valli for the list, but I will mainly follow my own routine this week. My flying for today will cover our bedroom and essential S&S-ing of bathroom, ensuite and kitchen. Rosie has her class this afternoon (she is not impressed that the snow has gone and we are left with mud everywhere)

So far I have
    - got more plastic storage boxes out of the loft - DH bought them to transport his model railway when we first moved nearly 9 years ago; now I'm re-purposing them as toy boxes which will be stored at church [fer-ling!] :D
    - had help from DH in stripping the bed

Off to put the bedding in the WM and eat breakfast (prepared by DH :A)

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OMG what I found lurking at the back of the fridge was beyond disgusting; bleugh - dealt with it all though and just trying not to think about it! DH keeps making stuff I don't know about it and stashing it away so it gets unused and then festers.

Round keep doing what you're doing - anxiety is a pig (I know, I suffer too) and it bullies us as does anything MH wise. You are taking control by doing what you're doing and that's excellent. Can I ask if you've ever had CBT to help? I did and learned some good techniques. Not saying they always work but if I can get myself back to a reasonable level they can help me get clarity and see what's happening.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Me again. In the last hour I have quickly run the hoover round, checked all smoke/carbon monoxide detectors and have polished and wiped the entire HSL (which is quite easy as its recently been decorated and the doors are new).

Job search now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Round keep doing what you're doing - anxiety is a pig (I know, I suffer too) and it bullies us as does anything MH wise. You are taking control by doing what you're doing and that's excellent. Can I ask if you've ever had CBT to help? I did and learned some good techniques. Not saying they always work but if I can get myself back to a reasonable level they can help me get clarity and see what's happening.

Thank you Mumof2 xx I have had CBT (and talking therapy and hypnotherapy and one bloke who just said I was 'allergic to excitement' :mad:) in the past, and I do have strategies to put in place (when I remember :o) - distraction is one of them. I also break things down into baby steps and talk to myself telling myself I'm doing well as I progress. I don't know why ringing the garage is such a big deal for me - I use the village garage, grew up with the owner, had a Saturday job there when I was doing my A-levels and they are always lovely. Ten minutes after I phoned John was here with a gadget - started Pip, told me to let the engine run for 30 minutes to charge the battery, then take her down to the garage later and he'll check things out - but you can't check a battery while it's flat apparently.

Round 1 is completed.
    Round 2 =
    1. unload WM
    2. WUDUPA a bowl of pots
    3. set up bullet journal for March
    4. do an on-line Mr T shop
    5. write a list for C00p of stuff to keep up going 'til Mr T delivers
    6. coffee :D

Itisme - hello :wave:

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,082 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Frodders. Any chance it's something straightforward like a urine infection caD using your mum's confusion?
    Fingers crossed for Mr D Imp's interview news.
    Mumof2, you probably know MoD jobs are subject to security clearance. Because I was born in Germany (army brat) the agency I once worked for had not realised I was subject to an extra level of clearance, so my application had been put on the back burner. One phone call by me cleared it up, but if I hadn't chased it, I wouldn't have got the job. Five weeks is too long - can you or J ring them to see what's happening?

Kitchen, sitting room and bathroom tidied.

I'm hanging around waiting for someone to come and collect the jars for a second time I put on Gumtree for free. Kelpie is desperate for his second walk but I can't leave the house until OH is back because of this wretched woman. Gumtree now offers a Review for buyers so she's very, very silly.
    Better is good enough.
  • roundtuit
    Options
    Just sticking my head round the door, mid-Round, to say that I've got the empty WM running on a hot wash - is that a clean cycle?

If it is I am doing something from the list :T:j, if it's not, heyho, at least I'm trying. (Very trying some would say ;))

Gone now
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    *Ahem* Fanfare please...

I have sorted my wardrobe.

Flung, donated, packed down and rediscovered lots of clothes, bags, shoes, belts, jewellery, scarves etc.

I am uber proud of myself.

*wanders off polishing halo.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,428 Forumite
    Options
    Update

I have
    - tidied my side of the bedroom
    - sorted washing
    - moved WMx1 to TD and started WMx2
    - given the kitchen a good S&S including windowsill and unit doors/handles, emptied bins
    - moved things round in the utility so that I can have space on the table
    - FUPA clean, aired washing
    - showered
    - given the bathroom a good S&S
    - washed one storage box
    - made :coffee:
    - added more things to my list for this week
    - tried to ring DDiL2 but got no reply

Now knuckling down to more paperwork :eek:

ETA :T:T:T Fanfare for Dizzy! :T:T:T
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Options
    I've

Hoovered the whole house
    Emptied the bagless thingy yuk
    Cleaned / washed / wiped out the fridge
    Wm still on the go
    Cleaned the toilets
    Listed 10 items of his items on eby................
    Had a long phone call from else where in the world........ :) to tell me they are coming to the UK at the end of this month for a few weeks. :j:j:D and was I free on x day to pick them up from LHR (I wasn't but I'll make sure I am :D )

Right off to get food!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • roundtuit
    Options
    :T:T:T Fanfare for Dizzy :T:T:T There was a bright light in the sky earlier - it must have been Dizzy's polished halo :A :)

Round 2 completed + another laundry shuffle done, and next bowl of pots is soaking.

Round 3 =
    1. WUDUPA bowl of pots
    2. Sweetie's seed and water
    3. lunch
    4. take Pip to garage
    5. pay rent (PO is opposite garage)
    6. C00p shop - remember list :D

I'm feeling so much better now that I feel more organised - calendar was stuck on 28th February :( - which is when the snow arrived here.

Better crack on - I like this 'not working on a Monday' business :)

Rxx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts