PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening folks

Thank you for the listies ladies :D

Valli - please add me to the Scrimpers list.

Must admit I had the tissues out for CTM as well. Think BBC really trying to get a message out - that's two dead young ladies in about a week (other one was Nicky on the Archers)

So pleased it's kitchen tomorrow - always great to get that out of the way and sparkly.

Must get a shuffle on this week as quite a lot to get done.

Need to get two cards tomorrow - one b'day and one new house. B'day card needs posting.

Need a small top-up shop on Tuesday to keep us going to the weekend.

We have promised to go see some friends one afternoon to have a cuppa, take a card and flowers and see their new abode.

Want to investigate a loft ladder for DSD and maybe put it in.

Going to Valencia for a week on Saturday, so need to do the check-ins online and get them printed, together with our accommodation details. Obviously will be packing on Friday, so need to get all hw done before that, including all the washing etc.
    I also want to get to a cs and buy a couple of books to read and leave as usual.

Also would like to defrost big freezer and sort the large bookcase this week, if I've time, before we go away.

So please give me a kick up the a**e if I appear to be slacking :D

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances - don't forget those icky handles!
    Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills
    Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!
    Extras
    Thoroughly clean the cutlery drawer!
    Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    Before you put the cloth in the wash
    HHI

Hugs, sticks and spoons for anyone needing some
    Hope you all have a lovely Monday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm in this week...thanks for the lists.

Waiting to hear if DH got a job he was interviewed for on Thursday last week.

Off to bed now - I'm cream crackered.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Valli please can you put me down for Scrimpers too.

Dizzy I hope DH gets good news about the job. J had an interview with the MOD at least 5 weeks ago and we've still heard nothing.

Froddington hope your Mum is OK, you are right to watch out for little things like that.

Up early as have GP at 7.30. Going to have some breakfast and get dressed then do a bit of the list before I go and then again when I get back. Small bits of snow still around but vast majority gone now thankfully.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Valli - I sobbed my eyes out at Call the Midwide, as did DH. My absolute favourite show on television - brilliantly acted.

I have been up since 6am, super excited that the white stuff has melted and life goes back to normal today :j

DH has left his phone at home :cool: so I will be in charge of his work calls today. Kiddies are all ready for school, WM is on and I have unloaded the DW. Not expecting much of a Slinky loss this week, eaten later than usual most nights.

Dizzy - fingers firmly crossed for your DH xx
    Lynne - I am soooo jealous, please can you pack me in your case :D

Right off to mop some floors, have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fayolle, :) we have had nothing different this week to eat.

OH really is on a roll, he has sorted a box this morning and now gone to work, leaving me instructions to photo item and stick on eby...................

Slinkies no change! grr
    Scrimpers, Sunday NSD

Wm is on
    Bed stripped washing gathered up
    Gas/ electric meters read and already put into the online account, I was dreading doing it, but not as bad as I thought.

Food shopping list made
    Hoovering / floors /bathroom / toilets / bins etc to be done

Laters
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    Options
    Got to GP, put name on booking in system and no, nothing there and told to go to Reception. Got there and said there seems to be a problem and they don't even have me down to see my Dr today. I know I booked it online so something somehow has gone wrong so turns out wasted journey. Oh well!

Kaz, great OH on a roll!
    ATB, sounds like you've been really productive already!

OK, rebook GP appointment then into kitchen I go.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Not sure how much flying will get done this week as DD2 home for the week. Will be doing her washing and have to take her to hospital for an appointment which she is not sure about. I might be quite painfull so not sure what will follow on from that. Still house was in reasonable order before we went away for the weekend (we have a holiday/2nd home nearer to where DD2 studies so go there regularly to see her or pick her up from there, saves her a 7 hour drive, we do just over 4 and she does 2 and a half).
    Very good weekend with both DDs, played board games, walked, relaxed.....
    Banking done this morning
    DW emptied
    Bed made
    WM about to go on

Slinky challenge has not gone well, my objective was to be lighter each month than the month before, idea being that I just having to lose something was easier than having to lose x kgs which leaves me saying I didn't lose enough so failed. Start of Feb I was lighter than start of Jan, only 0.5 kg but lighter so was happy but Feb has gone horribly wrong and I am heavier than I have ever been so it's been decided next Monday I am going back to Lo Carb with avengence, I know it works well for me. Would be tricky this week as DD2 home kbut she's back studying next weekend so just OH and I and he's happy with lo carb and then he's away so I have 2 weeks where there's just me during the week. So I will get rid of some of this fat!
    Time to shower and fly
    xx
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Frodders - hope your mum is ok
    Piggers - any colour will look great once its glittered up

Thanks for the list. I am in. I can't walk the dogs today until people have been to collect my paid stuff equipment. So far I have washed the breakfast dishes, dusted the dusty bits in the LR/dining room and made the bed. I'm going to put the hoover round the house next.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 March 2018 at 9:18AM
    Options
    Morning :wave:

I'm here :D Thank you Valli for the list, and Natty for last week.

I was hoping to have a lie-in on my day off but at 6.25 am: PING - wide awake and fretting for England. (Sorry Valli :o) Why? Because I have to phone the garage to get Pip's battery sorted!!!! Heyho - I am a numb-nut, we know this ;)

However (to distract myself) I did find myself planning to hoover through upstairs whilst the hoover is up there (DS took it up to do his room at the weekend) :cool: AND plotting some flingage :) AND coming to the conclusion that if I spend 15 minutes each week day (after the paid stuff and before I fall asleep in the chair :o) flying in the room listed, if not on list, that's 75 minutes a week flying. Under the murk of anxiety I have my flylady head on :T.

Round 1=
    1. breakfast (I'm not missing that out today!!)
    2. get washed and dressed
    3. make the bed
    4. feed the birds
    5. put out rubbish & recycling
    6. WM x 1 & laundry shuffle
    7. DUPA pots from yesterday ;)
    8. RING THE GARAGE

Back later Wishing everyone a peaceful Monday.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Itisme_2
    Itisme_2 Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2018 at 2:41AM
    Options
    Since yesterday I've been working at having less tabs open when online, with the help of a browser extension. I feel less overwhelmed that way, and so I'm trying to be more mindful each time I open a tab. The urge to open loads at once is just what I am used to, so it's difficult. As with anything -- baby steps!

To Do
    [STRIKE] Recycling and empty bin[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Shower and brush teeth[/STRIKE]
    Catch up on writing (started)
    [STRIKE] Phone maintenance (did a lot on 18th, more end of March/early April)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Review important e-mails (did some)[/STRIKE]

Reward for getting each task done (or in some cases; started) -- a puzzle and/or colouring.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure