PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Enormous (((Hugs))) Mumof2.
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    called my SIL who is really close to Z and she spoke on the phone and ended up going to the house
    I'm so glad you and J have your SiL's support at this difficult time.
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    J... looked close to tears and I just held him.
    Keep holding each other - the two of you, and Z and S, all need each other, even if what Z is saying doesn't appear to fit in with that statement at the moment. And we Flyladies are here for you too, in whatever way we can be xx
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry you have this ATB and no wonder you haven't slept. I hope the accountant will be able to come with you; people must make genuine mistakes I'm sure so try not to worry about it lovely.

Thanks everyone for the hugs and support messages, it means so much xx
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hugs where needed esp Mumof2 and ATB.

Collection happened yesterday with one minute to go to the deadline, but before that DH had got home from work, so I was able to take the dogs out and run an errand. Also washed the LR floor yesterday.

So far today I have had breakfast.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Mumof2 how awful. I have no advice to offer other than to say I have lived with a teen with MH issues who at times said hurtful things when all we have ever given him is love and support. We are through all of this now (for the time being) but it is heartbreaking. Keep us up to date.

ATB I would be scared too but with your accountant on board it will be fine. Hugs x

Off to brave the music at work. I need to deal with my boss, just not sure how without making it worse. Both paid stuff today actually and both could be tricky. Big girl pants on.

Oh and hi Lauradora, if you have just started MAT leave this is me time - dont want you doing too much flying!

Right best get moving x
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Roundtuit my friend, if we could see the logic behind these fears, we could logic the fear away. I'd sooner cut my leg off with a rusty bread knife than speak to someone on the phone (doesn't matter if I've made the call or they've called me, I PANIC big time).

Thank you Lame Wolf xx The 'my friend' made me smile inside :) The ironic thing is my paid work revolves around making and receiving phone calls and I just get on with it. Congratulations on being relicenced :T

Mumof2 (((hugs))) and more (((hugs))) We're all here for you, my lovely. xx

atb (((hugs))) heading your way too. Bless you xx

I'm back to work today - so just popped in to see which room will be receiving 15 minutes TLC this evening. Slinky challenge I stayed the same (no I don't know how either) and I need to lose 5 lbs by 31st March to stay on target for 56 lbs in 2018. I'm also determined to get those curtains up in the dining end of the kitchen (H2H) at Easter, if not by Easter.

Sending humungous posi-vibes, thinking of yous, and love out in to the ether - hope they arrive

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mumto2 huge hugs x

Whoops I fell back to sleep this morning so didn!!!8217;t wake DS2 until 6.50 he was livid. He said he hate school etc It is the first day back to school since Wednesday lunchtime.

Slinkys I!!!8217;m going the other way due to comfort eating:(
    Marketeers total £35
    HtoH found mould on back of a large photo frame so binned it, put up new to me curtains and binned the mouldy ones. New curtains reflect the light so make my bedroom loook larger.

LW well done on the licence renewal

Off to Camhs today. Going to ask what their plans are for future assessments. As I have run out of energy due to not having any respite.

ATB I used to do Vat returns when I worked. Visits are usually not as horrid as you imagine.

RT
    Good luck at work today.

Wm is on
    Flying at my parents soon. Hopefully dancepops new shoes will fit.

See you soon x
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks again everyone x

We've got Z an appointment for this afternoon so at least that's something; will probably have to go into School too to have a talk with her Head Of House who she has a good relationship with.

Flying wise will put a load in the WM and see what else I can do.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Gym dusted and polished. I really need to get in there and actually exercise. I haven't updated my slinkie weight as I've actually put 5lbs on. Being reasonably good with scrimping though.

Dogs have been walked and dailies are done. 2nd of 3 washloads is in the machine.

Job search now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mumof2.. hugest hugs for you .. They pretty much all pull a stunt like this at times (DD1 did it 3 times.. third time she stayed away).. The knack is to keep open the lines of communication.. keep talking.. sometimes FB messenger was our medium because it isn't really like talking mother/child and you have to think more carefully about what is written because it is there forever.. Some people have a book and they take it in turns to write notes to one another about how they feel etc. It is possible Z has been keeping her feelings all to herself because she doesn't want to worry you or distress you or put more strain on your relationship with J.. just keep talking.. take her out for lunch or hot chocolate and ask what she wants and find a compromise. Over 13 the police will not force them to come home if they don't want to if they are in a safe place, regardless of how awful the family. Teenage girls are the biggest drama llamas of all time.. we run with the mantra of.. just say it.. whatever it is.. we can work with what we know, we cannot work with secrets and lies (and they tell whoppers sometimes!) .. We can't fix stuff when we don't know it is broken.

The other thing.. which I would guess you do anyway.. explain why.. Don't just say 'because I said so' (more a dad thing).. it works when they are 6 but when they are older you have to trust they can see things from your point of view.. I give mine a couple of alternatives.. if they want to go somewhere I like to know who they are going with and where they are going. They have a time to be back and I like to know how they are getting back. I expect my older ones to tell me when they go out and when they are likely to be back.. that is just a courtesy to those you live with.

DS3 had counselling through MIND.. we can self refer here which might be an option for her. I don't like in school counselling they just seem to badger them to dig up fake problems at home so they can blame all the problems on the parents. Mine saw 4 different ones and they were all the same.

And for what it is worth.. mine go to bed at 9 and have timers on their laptops etc which turns them off at 8:30pm and they won't turn on again until 9 on a school day and 8 on a weekend.. Anything else is a compromise but not this. So she has plenty of freedom compared with some other children! And feel free to ignore me but know we are here if you need ears and shoulders xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    On a more positive note I have lost another 2lb on the Slinky challenge.

Fired off a rambling email to the accountant and also spoke direct to the VAT officer who is doing the meeting. Going to walk the dog x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport