PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think OH is a feeder!!!

I said, weeks ago, I was going to see if my hips felt better if there was less of me to lug about... so last nigth he brought home 3KG of jellybeans/skittles.. and 1kg of turkey... and today he bought me a battenberg... Now, while I truly appreciate the thought I don't think these things are condusive to having a smaller derriere and my hip feeling better... So I have to ask the question.. does he want me to be a big fat porker?? I am so close to fitting in my pretty summer dresses and he is just messing it up.. does he want me to complain all summer again? Does he want to me buy new clothes we cannot afford and I do not need because I have 2 chests of drawers full of beautiful things by rump is too round for!

Battenberg duly fed to children.. and sweets put away where my piggy eyes cannot see.

He is also being very... man.. this week.. can't think for himself, can't do anything without being nagged 1000 times, standing in the way ALL the time and contributing nothing but a nice place to gather dust! I am not having this behaviour!

DS3 has been ordered to get a job.. I don't care what job, or where, just a job! He is 19 and has no excuse!

I am not pleasant to live with this week .. I do not have PMT, I am just fed up of dealing with idiots.. the nice teacher at school is at it too so I'm blaming the moon!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,031 Forumite
    Options
    Clean laundry put away.. after folding 6 loads!
    2 loads hung up to dry.. few more bits to do but I ran out of doors to hang stuff on!
    DW x2

I may have to gag Dot.. she is being a total witch!!

Wallpaper arrived for DD3's room.. it is nothing like the pictures.. but it is pretty so it will do.

I need some time off before I lose my cool entirely.. I can't remember the last time I had some child free time so do anything.. even my nail appointments are losing their appeal.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,855 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Work done , a rough day, enough said
    Soup for dinner4
    Hooved around
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Cases packed and tickets and passports in bag.

Holibobs start here so having a glass of wine before I hit the sack.

Hope you all have a great week and plenty of warm, dry, sunny weather.

Hugs all round. Leaving my sticks and spoons by the door with a bucket of GUAG - help yourselves whilst I'm swanning around Valencia :D

hasta luego !
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Happy holidays Lynne xx

Morning all :)

I’m up and at it this morning, mainly because I have been assured that I am having a day off from all domestics tomorrow :cool: so don’t mind getting cracking this morning. I’ve unloaded the DW, sorted the recycling and will walk the dog shortly.

Busy but nice day ahead with lots of family visiting. Have lovely days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Nice day yesterday: out for lunch and a spot of window shopping about halfway between here and Dizzy Imp's (maybe MW would be a good place to meet one day?), then to see DS2, DDiL2 and DGS3+4. DS2 cooked tea and had made a birthday cake for DGS4 in the shape of a l!!!8364;g0 brick, with firefighters on top with the three candles :) We all played Pass the Parcel, and Rosie enjoyed some of the pasta and sausage bake :rotfl: I was given a lovely card for Mother's Day and two school photos for our wall :)

DS2 lent me some books and gave me some great tips for my next college assignment :j

Today I must do as much flying as is possible with backache :( - probably caused by driving DH's car long distances, and moving the church chairs on Thursday to make space for the toddlers. I've also got a translation to finish this weekend.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope your back eases Ionafan.

Piggers - my DH is a feeder too although I can't blame him for my lack of willpower. Lost 2lbs on slinkies this week but this still means I'm a lb heavier than when I started in January.

I've also been a mare to live with this week. PMT which DH said was the worst I'd been in years and then just feeling rough. Ok now though and ready for the weekend which will be spent entirely with family for Mother's Day.

Flying-wise -I may put the hoover round.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely holiday Lynne x

Rainy here, awake early, snuggled up reading in bed. No idea what the day brings. DS is playing footie and we have one GF sleeping over.

A bit of washing to sort and some tidying to do but nothing drastic. Oh and the dreaded finances to look at!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    Options
    Bed made, yesterday's washing all off airers and put away, dogs groomed and have had some training and playing. I'm waiting for DD to arrive before having breakfast or doing dog walking.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning.

Have a lovely holiday, Lynne.

School uniform washed, a few bits have been WUALTD. Bizarrely the kitchen smells of fried onions, even though we haven't had any, so a candle is sorting that out rather than open the window too much.

I'm not sure what today brings, although it is taxi service duties from lunchtime. Really cba at the moment, so I'll have another cuppa and a think. I'd really like to get out in the garden for an hour or so, but it is windy and raining on and off. Cuppa time if anyone fancies one :coffee:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure