PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ATB - ditto the other comments. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and now doing what is best for me, my family and my sanity. Xx And I like the idea of saying that I will become a stripper when I go back to a "proper" job...**files it away in the useful part of brain** :D

I'm feeling pretty smug - I got back from work at lunchtime and DH went off to work rather than cluttering up the DR. :T. Result is that I dusted, swept and generally tidied up the DR utility room and kitchen. Then cleaned the ensuite for good measure. Obviously as soon as I had finished the ensuite, DD was in there like a shot. She has her father's traits. But at least I know it was clean for 5 minutes. The rest of the upstairs looks like the work in progress that it is, so I'm ignoring that for the moment.

Dinner is in the sc, builder has made progress, wm x 2 has been run, and HHI cleared. Just dusting my halo now....
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Paid stuff done. Empty bin brought in. I've cleared and dusted the top of the tv stand :T As forecast the only items now on there are the tv and the hub :j.

Every little helps :D

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thursday look after the lounge day

Level 1

Open windows and let in fresh air
    [STRIKE]Empty bin[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Flick a cobweb duster round coving, along picture rail and over light fittings
    Vacuum or wipe sofa and swap cushions and/or seat pads
    Plump cushions
    Tidy and clean coffee/side tables[/STRIKE]

Level 2

[STRIKE]Dust everywhere[/STRIKE] and wipe sticky spots inc switches with a damp cloth
    Don't forget skirting, tops of doors and sills and curtain tracks

Level 3

[STRIKE]Thorough vacuum inc under furniture
    Don't forget the edges
    Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window[/STRIKE]

Extras

[STRIKE]s&s bathrooms, kitchen[/STRIKE]
    HHI
    Plan some me time or down time for this weekend
    Challenge work - use your MAD half hour

Went into town to take back some library books that were my sister's but I was looking at them last, so I took them back. Didn't want her to get the fine.
    Finally deposited the cash back cheque from the car insurance.

“You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys. Piggers I laughed out loud at the stripper comment idea - brilliant and certainly one I’ll memory bank for future use!

Feeling much better now. Just so taken aback at the brazen nature of the questions - as you say, what business is it of his?! I’ve rage scrubbed the bath after the kids got out, popped them in bed and set the DW going x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    It disgusts me how once you have a child everyone thinks they can comment on your life.. as if you would be so rude as to comment on theirs!
    You get just as much rudery if you don't choose to have them. If I had a fiver for every time I was asked if I'd considered fertility treatment..... :cool:

ATB it sounds to me like he needs something useful to spend his time and energy on, not go around making judgmental remarks to other people.

Meet'n'greet done. Dusty turned out to be Border Terrier-sized, and a nice little chap. Like all doggies, he loves a good ear-scratch. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    You get just as much rudery if you don't choose to have them. If I had a fiver for every time I was asked if I'd considered fertility treatment..... :cool:

Absolutely... I think it is a very brave decision to not have children.. the pressure from family and friends and those with children who think you are missing out on something is overwhelming at times I'm sure. I have utmost respect for those who do not surrender to that pressure.

I am perplexed most by those who have just one.. I was an only child for 8 years and hated every second and swore I would not do that to my children.. but I realise my feeling are based on my experience and I still would not presume anyone owed me an explanation about their decisions.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

I have decluttered 3 storage boxes of toys out of this house today :j - it was the first session of our new toddler group, so they are now stored in the vicar's vestry in case he gets bored :rotfl: I'd spent all this week (and whatever I could salvage of last week) preparing, and we had 5 children turn up with parents, a grandma and a great-grandma, which is almost double the number I had expected. Great fun was had by all :D

Tomorrow I am taking the day off and DH, Rosie and I are going out for lunch and then going over to tea with DS2, DDiL2 and DGS3+4 because it will be DGS4's 3rd birthday.

I have done OK with the Slinky challenge this week (apart from eating up the buttered toast that was meant to be the children's snack today), but there have been a number of necessary purchases which have sabotaged my attempt to become a Scrimper, and my house is still a hovel - perhaps I will eventually get round to dusting on Saturday
    :eek:
    I did just manage to read the meters and submit online. Not terrible, but not nice either.

Good work clearing your TV stand, Roundtuit :T
    Dancemum, I hope that Dancepops is OK, and that CAMHS gives you the help you need xx
    Yes, Lame Wolf, Rosie likes a good ear-scratch too ;)

Our TV has gone on the blink but iPlayer is still working so I must go and find something that DH will watch with me for an hour...

Enjoy the rest of your evening x
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »

Absolutely! Try being teacher without children: ''oh, but you must love children as you're a teacher!!'' Why can't people accept that others' choices can be different to theirs? :mad:

atb (and anyone else being hassled by others) - there's only one way of life and that's your own :D

LW - glad the meet went well x
    roundtuit wrote: »

Froddington - how's your mum doing?

Thanks for asking. TBH I'm not really sure. She was fine when we went to the cinema and arrived in the right place at the right time and seemed quite happy. But she is quite forgetful and writes everything in her diary - can't imagine what would happen if she lost that! She has a GP appt in 3 weeks so we'll see what happens then.

Slowly getting bits done here. Rubbish and recycling went this morning. Working all day tomorrow with my old class :D
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thursday look after the lounge day

Level 1

[STRIKE]Open windows and let in fresh air
    Empty bin
    Flick a cobweb duster round coving, along picture rail and over light fittings
    Vacuum or wipe sofa and swap cushions and/or seat pads
    Plump cushions
    Tidy and clean coffee/side tables[/STRIKE]

Level 2

Dust everywhere and wipe sticky spots inc switches with a damp cloth
    [STRIKE]Don't forget skirting, tops of doors and sills and curtain tracks[/STRIKE]

Level 3

[STRIKE]Thorough vacuum inc under furniture
    Don't forget the edges[/STRIKE]
    Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window

Extras

s&s bathrooms, kitchen
    HHI
    Plan some me time or down time for this weekend
    [STRIKE]Challenge work[/STRIKE] - use your MAD half hour

Thats me done for today, i did have help from my Mum I must admit but feeling really rubbish still
    On a mission
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Options
    Frodders I write everything in my diary, I call it my life.. and I have a reminder set on my phone so I don't forget to pick my children up from school.. I just think sometimes we have a busy brain and can't remember everything and I am sure it gets harder as we get older.. Hopefully it is just that with your mum. OH's mum has implied a few times recently that she has dementia.. her mother was lost to it and she is terrified of going the same way but there is medication now and it does slow the progression if that is what it is. Lower oxygen levels can cause the same symptoms and in older people something as simple as a UTI can cause issues.. I know you will worry but it might not be as bad as you expect xxx ... and being a teacher doesn't mean you like children.. it means you like opening minds and seeing tiny humans grow into civilised beings and that is an amazing process.. and to watch that without the sleepless nights and worry and sickness and the rest of the parenty health/future/financial/school/friends/ etc worries must be fabulous.. ... people think I like all children because I have so many.. and I don't, I have even less tolerance for most of their parents.. I love my own like nothing on earth but other peoples are just a chore... I have met a few I like... and I like teenagers and toddlers.. so maybe I am just a freak lol Other peoples children are like dogs.. I don't want anything bad to happen to them but I don't want them either.. but if it came to it I would risk my life to save theirs.

I am really hungry... slinky challenge is going pretty well and I am looking set to break into the lower stone this week IF I can manage not to go eat everything not nailed down in the kitchen.. I am looking at recipes for filling things I can eat without becoming obese! I can't find anything at all... and I cooked sausages for casserole tomorrow and I just want to slap them in a butty!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts