IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ukpp ltd Newcastle Airport

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 October 2018 at 11:04PM
    Options
    One worrying turn around is the threatening letter are now arriving my mother house who as is all old people do is panicking. They say they have ran a trace and found this is my new address, really (not lived there for 28 years).
    You need to write to the PPC, tell them your actual address for service - type it out, even if they had it as one of the addresses before - and demand that their Data Protection Officer erases your parents' address from their files immediately as you cannot be conveniently reached there and they are harassing an elderly resident there.

If you want all photo evidence to be sent to you as well, and all data held (which I would) also head it up as a SAR as well as an Erasure Notice under the GDPR.

That gets emailed to the contact details shown in their Privacy webpage, with a copy of the Notice to Keeper and your V5C to show the VRN is your personal data and that you are who you say you are (a SAR can be delayed otherwise).
    (I use my mams address for a bank statement only).
    That's how they found that address, by doing a 'soft' basic credit search - your credit file has that address annexed to your bank account for all to see who do a soft search (and they are allowed to).

If you want to discuss this more - NOT ON THIS THREAD PLEASE.

Any questions, start your own new thread and copy these 2 posts to start the discussion away from ShellyWidd's thread as this is about her case only.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ShellyWidd
    Options
    Just when I thought this has gone away, today I got a letter from bw legal demanding payment within 16 days or legal proceedings in the form of a county court claim will be issued.

Can anyone please advise if this is just another blank threat or if I need to act on it
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    How much are they asking?

Even if they won their case, which the will not. as it is a timed out bye-laws matter, the maximum a judge would be likely to award them is £175 - £200. Anything more than this may well be fraud.

If they are demanding monies which the law does not all, complain to their regulatory body, the SRA

http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ShellyWidd
    Options
    They are asking for £160. I just wasn't sure if this was just anoher empty threat by UKPP or if it is something I need to act on
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ShellyWidd wrote: »
    Just when I thought this has gone away, today I got a letter from bw legal demanding payment within 16 days or legal proceedings in the form of a county court claim will be issued.

Can anyone please advise if this is just another blank threat or if I need to act on it
    No, from your scant description I'm not sure anyone can make that distinction.

Who does it suggest you pay?

But at it only gives 16 days notice, it certainly is not a valid Letter of Claim as defined in the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims.

Can you please post a picture of that letter - suitably redacted of course.
  • ShellyWidd
    Options
    Hi Keith sorry my scanner is playing up at the moment so I will do it tomorrow at work hope that's ok with you
  • ShellyWidd
    ShellyWidd Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2018 at 8:14AM
    Options
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    This isnt a letter before claim
    It actually tells you it isnt. 3rd para.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You've left your name on the BW Legal letter!
  • ShellyWidd
    Options
    I was actually wondering about the validity of the company more than anything.

From what I have read from other posts they appear to be another set of cowboys ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure