IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ukpp ltd Newcastle Airport

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 May 2018 at 5:41PM
    Options
    is it a DRP letter ?

if it is , then GLADRAGS have never seen it and it wont have a ref starting with a 1

chances are its a DRPL letter with a pimped out letterhead, in which case you IGNORE it , they are trying it on by misleading you, DRPL cannot take you to court, only the PPC can do this , or the PPC can instruct a real solicitor to do so, which may be GLADRAGS or might be a different solicitors completely

so this letter will not have come from GLADRAGS near Knutsford from their golf club address

it wont have a gladrags phone number but a drpl one

IT WONT HAVE A GLADRAGS REFERENCE

IT WILL SAY TO PAY DRP AND NOT GSL

debt collector letters are covered in post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd be tempted to SAR gladstones
    when they respond that the6 hold no data on you, you complain to the SRA that either gs are lying about the satabheld, or they're allowing companies to use their name and fraudulently claim to be solicitors
  • DW190
    DW190 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd be tempted to SAR gladstones
    when they respond that the6 hold no data on you, you complain to the SRA that either gs are lying about the satabheld, or they're allowing companies to use their name and fraudulently claim to be solicitors

I'll second that.

If everyone who's had a letter from them did the same, it would become a numbers game backfiring on them.

You can even do it without the cost of the stamp by email.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ShellyWidd wrote: »
    So today I have received a very dubious solicitors letter from Gladstones saying their clients UK Parking patrol office Ltd and their agent Debt recovery plus now has the option to commence proceeding in the civil court, if I don't pay up in the next 14 days
    I say dubious as it is signed electronically by the looks of it, Gladstones solicitors not with an actual name of a person.
    Can anyone suggest how I tackle this one please
    That's interesting because, based on your first post the 6 month period times out on the 2nd June; so 4 days from now.
  • ShellyWidd
    ShellyWidd Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    This letter is saying 6 years????
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ShellyWidd wrote: »
    This letter is saying 6 years????

Any chance you might be answering some questions we pose? Like those in post #31?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Byelaws would be 6 months, civil is 6 years.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And UKPPO issue 'parking charge notices' (after a very short flirtation with 'penalty' ones). So their PCNs are civil charges and like any other they can chase for 6 years but they can't hold the keeper liable on non-relevant land.

Just ignore them unless you actually get a LBC or a court claim to defend.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ShellyWidd
    ShellyWidd Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    [is it a DRP letter ?

if it is , then GLADRAGS have never seen it and it wont have a ref starting with a 1

chances are its a DRPL letter with a pimped out letterhead, in which case you IGNORE it , they are trying it on by misleading you, DRPL cannot take you to court, only the PPC can do this , or the PPC can instruct a real solicitor to do so, which may be GLADRAGS or might be a different solicitors completely

so this letter will not have come from GLADRAGS near Knutsford from their golf club address

it wont have a gladrags phone number but a drpl one

IT WONT HAVE A GLADRAGS REFERENCE

IT WILL SAY TO PAY DRP AND NOT GSL]
    [Any chance you might be answering some questions we pose? Like those in post #31?]

Sorry I didn't answer this sooner. I began to reply to things and my internet decided to have a hissy fit and crash, so here is my reply now.
    You are right the ref number begins with 4 not 1 and DRP is mentioned throughout, not GLS. The address on the bottom of the letter is the golf club one you mentioned, but if this is the shoddy kind of paper a solicitor uses then I'll eat my hat. So I suspect you are right and this is yet another con. Thank you for you help once again
  • golfnutgolf3
    Options
    As I'm yet to get the golf club letter, but cant wait. I was done the exact same way when I was merely stopped to drop a couple of work colleagues at the hotel.

One worrying turn around is the threatening letter are now arriving my mother house who as is all old people do is panicking. They say they have ran a trace and found this is my new address, really (not lived there for 28 years). They have also threatened to report me for not altering my vehicle registration to this address. (I use my mams address for a bank statement only).

I've never replied to one of their emails so they must be getting rather annoyed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure