IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

URGENT: UKPC & SCS Law

Options

Comments

• bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Immy_007 wrote: »
    Hearing is on the 30th April but unfortunately i have misplaced/lost the hearing letter ...

It never ceases to amaze me how many different ways defendants find to shoot themselves in the foot.

It will almost certainly say that witness statements and evidence must be filed and served not later than 14 days before the hearing. So they need to reach the Court, and the claimant's solicitors, by tomorrow at the latest.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Immy_007
    Immy_007 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    I am just at work.. is there any samples i can use now i can send today next day delivery..any help would be appreciated please
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plenty of Witness Statement examples in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Immy_007 wrote: »
    I am just at work.. is there any samples i can use now i can send today next day delivery..any help would be appreciated please
    You will be getting someone to take a ring binder/well organised and pages-numbered paper file to the court IN PERSON tomorrow, after you write a WS and put your evidence together, tonight.

The Claimant's copy can be emailed to them.

That way you will comply with the dates. You CAN do this!

The NEWBIES thread even lists typical evidence and shows how EASY the WS is to write!

And have a look at Lop5's recent thread for how to pull apart the C's WS, and how to use the errors in their case, in your own WS.

No link.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Immy_007
    edited 20 April 2019 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Sorry i could not get the WS that night and to them on the deadline.. i am too stressed..called the court to see if i can change the hearing date but too late and was asked to fill out a form and pay a fee

So am i still ok to attend the hearing ? where do i stand now ?

May i also add that they are pursuing the registered keeper here and do not know who the driver was.. but this matter is dealt by myself on behalf of the keeper..can i act on behalf as keeper has no clue what to say in court ??
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2019 at 9:43PM
    Options
    So you obviously still file & serve your WS and evidence, like everyone else here manages to do - better late than never.

We told you to get the WS & evidence in by a deadline. When you didn't achieve that deadline, are you honestly saying you didn't bother with it at all?

Not even late? I am concerned for your case, get on with it!

Of course you can speak for the D if they attend too, this is covered in so many threads we really hoped you'd read by now. So many threads about this...

Read other defence threads about how people won and how they used a LAY REP (like you) with the Defendant.

Search the forum (ADVANCED SEARCH) for these words:

another one bites the dust

and then, separately

Lay representative

and how about

late Witness Statement
    HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function.

Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.

Please could you read at least twenty accounts of how people won, and look at their WS and evidence that they filed, and get on with it - if I am right and you instead did nothing?

You are seriously not planning on rocking up having not even bothered with a WS and evidence from the Defendant (who must attend with you of course).

Please tell us you are not.

Show us your planned WS and evidence on Monday after reading more threads, please.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Almost 200 posts and more than 12 months ago this thread was marked URGENT. Seemingly that was directed at regulars and didn’t apply to the OP himself!

This is now looking like a bit of a road crash.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    Options
    So you couldn't send it last Monday. Almost understandable if this task had been suddenly sprung upon you.

What happened on Tuesday?

What happened on Wednesday?

Surely by Thursday you had a perfect Witness Statement already written?

Still not filed it?

Never mind. Put the finishing touches to it this weekend, you get an extra day, then hand deliver it and your evidence to the court first thing on Tuesday morning.

Job done.
  • Immy_007
    Options
    Hearing is tomorrow at 10am and i have not been able to send anything to court..i work 7 days a week and family kids so it has been really hectic and i know that is not a valid excuse.. i am mentally and physically shattered and i don't have much access to computer only at work as its so busy can only come on occasionally..all this is so time consuming and i have not even had a chance to look at ANY examples.. i have patients waiting as i am typing this and i am very stressed out

Please guide me whoever reads this by tonight

What do i do tomorrow? what do i need to take with me ?

i appreciated your guidance so far and i can only apologise i could not take it on board fully

will my previous defence statement be sufficient to read the points out to the judge?
  • KeithP
    Options
    How are you planning to manage without any evidence?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure