#Make Upto £10 a Day March 2018 #

Options

Comments

• Whatshername
    Options
    another £5 earned thanks to a sale on vinted so brings my total up to

#013 £10.58/£31

Need to complete my profile on Opinion Outpost to start making some pennies here.
    #030 Sealed Pot 2019 Challenge - Declare 31st Oct
    #064 Pay debts by Xmas 2019 Challenge - £3390/ £3390 :money:
    #015 £2 savers club 2019 - target £200
  • cufc_mike
    cufc_mike Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all. Rough couple of days, but after further discussions with the vet about the xray, and a second opinion from another vet we used to use before moving house, the difficult decision was taken to put our poor cat to sleep on Thursday. She's at peace now, which gives some comfort, but it's without doubt the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

My wife was out with my sister in law and mother today for an early Mother's Day afternoon tea treat, so I had an after with the kiddies. My little boy had his swimming lesson at 3:30pm, about 15 minutes away, so the plan was to leave at 3pm, allow plenty of time to get there and get changed. I had the bags ready by the door by 2pm. I won't go into too much details, but lets just say at 3pm he had other ideas...and it took me 15 minutes to get him cleaned, and in a change of clothes. We didn't make it into the pool until 3:40pm. It's usually my wife that takes him. I bet the teacher thinks I'm so disorganised!

£151.93 from matched betting over the past few days. Very busy (but hopefully profitable) week ahead for me. I'm off next Friday, so a 4-day week to look forward to. Have a great Sunday all!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mike, I'm so very sorry to hear about your much-loved cat. Having gone through something similar in October I know just how you must be feeling. Sending hugs and love to you and the family. I'm sure you'll have wonderful, happy memories to sustain you through the days to come.

For what it's worth, heartbreaking as the decision was, I think you did the right thing. You spared her from pain and did what you did out of love for her. I had to do the same and I know it was the only choice. Doesn't make it any easier to come to terms with but deep down I know I put my cat first instead of my need to keep him with me.

As for the swimming lesson, don't worry what the teacher thinks. You did amazingly well to sort out the 'problem' and get your son to his lesson at all. Ending up only 10 minutes late was a triumph:beer:
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This week I spent £1.71 in Boots got £2 worth of points. Noticed if you if ignore the points offers for larger spends e.g. 300 points for £30 spend, and just go with the smaller spends you actually end up with more points over the year.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • A_Random_Man
    A_Random_Man Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone for yesterday I earned £28.32 from matched betting, I will update my total for today later on

EF - £1025/£2000 (51.25%)
    Debt Remaining: £0.00 - Debt Free
  • Xandersmum
    Xandersmum Posts: 493 Forumite
    Options
    Aw Mike, so sorry to hear about the cat - heartbreaking x

Slowly been chipping away at things this month - lots listed on ebay and completing every survey I can find. Have sent a box of lego to Zapper but will add whenever they pay which usually takes ages!

So far to add

£10 from SB
    £24,33 from TCB
    £5 from Shoppix
    £4.56 from Jobspotter
    £1.00 from Instagc

so not too bad

Make £10 a day June 103.04/300

Declutter 2018 in 2018 3/2018

• QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry all, been AWOL and going to have to take a break for an indeterminate time as I am exhausted.

Baby doesn't let me sleep enough and after a year it is taking its toll to the point where I am no longer just tired, but have chronic sleep deprivation. Before anyone thinks that I have a baby and so yes I would be tired, it is much more than that.

I have been in bed the whole weekend feeling so weak that I can't do anything, when I get up I feel dizzy and light headed, I am constantly too hot or cold as I can't regulate my own temperature any more, have a thumping headache, can't focus properly with my eyes. After 36 hours of sleep I only feel slightly better, so going to have to rest as much as I can.

Trying not to think how I will cope when I go back to work full time next month. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and will come back to the thread. Good luck to everyone else.
    2024 decluttering: 7,360 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅🏅
    May mini kitchen declutter challenge: 5/25
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • lemonverbena
    lemonverbena Posts: 58 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2018 at 11:35AM
    Options
    Over the last few days:
    £2.00 voucher used at Iceland
    £2.85 cashback from Green Jinn
    78p from CitizenMe
    £16.55 ebay profits (after taking off packaging that I bought but didn't use all of)
    so I'm £37.12 up so far this month!
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

98p from Qmee for me today.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • A_Random_Man
    A_Random_Man Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    £18.87 from matched betting today

EF - £1025/£2000 (51.25%)
    Debt Remaining: £0.00 - Debt Free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing