🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Put away your purse & become debt-averse

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Lots of love to you Foxgloves - you are right. It will pass - so don't beat yourself up about it. It's just a case of going with it as best you can for now.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hi Foxgloves,I've just caught up on your diary and am sending hugs and lots of love your way,I too am repeating this too shall pass to myself at the moment,I do find it's the most helpful way to look at things though xx
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • joeyjimbles
    Options
    Hope you're doing ok. Sometimes when our heads are so full, then inevitably some thoughts unravel a bit - I tend to write really detailed lists when that happens, assuming I can hold onto the thoughts long enough to write them down.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£475.00 (95%)    Fn £405                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£406.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£087.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£070.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to say I'm sending warm hugs your way, and the strength to cope with everything. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind, thoughtful wishes. My sis & I are staying at Mum's house this week so we can visit her every day. She no longer knows who we are are, but it's still important to come & spend that last bit of time.
    (And I'm proud to say that even in the face of adversity, I made a packed lunch).
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Really am thinking of you and your family foxgloves x
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Thinking of you Foxgloves...
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Thinking of you foxgloves x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you and hoping your ok xx
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello - thanks for all your kind wishes. After over a week away so that I could visit Mum every day, I am back home for a bit to have a catch up. Mum is much worse - she no longer knows who we are & looks so poorly that I can't really believe she's still hanging on. What a horrible summer it turned into for her - I'm just grateful for the drugs which can keep her comfortable.
    Well now, my little autumn pumpkins.....I have so much to do on all things frugal. I need to catch up on all my budget updates, do a heap of kitchen jobs, gather in back-log of apples & pears, check my presents box, as well as the usual 'coming home' tasks like laundry. Mr f is pretty domesticated, I'm pleased to say & has done a good job of keeping the house clean, picking courgettes & eating out of the freezer while I've been away.
    I've been slightly spendy at the garden centre today, but nothing like as bad as I've been in the past. It's been so very stressful with Mum that I just knew choosing some spring bulbs & a few pansies to fill some big tubs would cheer me up. I got a 2 for 1 on some of the bulbs, which reduced the cost a bit & I divided up lots of primulae last spring especially for my autumn tubs, plus some ivy, so it could have been a lot spendier at the garden centre than it was.
    We've done a meal plan & shopped today, but the coming week is very 'up in the air' because I will almost certainly get a call soon to return to Mum's bedside to say goodbye, & after that I will be busy with all the arrangements & legal stuff. So I'm just going to try & enjoy the autumn sunshine this afternoon & get a few nice cheery containers planted up. Mr f is doing a roast dinner & I've already earmarked the leftover joint for further meals.
    But I really do need to do those budget updates if I'm here long enough to have a good session at my desk with my money book & trusty (free!) calculator.
    Take care all of you.
    Best wishes,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure