Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

House Price Crash Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• DreamBreaker
    Options
    boinging wrote: »
    Just out of interest - where did I misquote what you said?

:confused:

You never dind unless you are skap7309 viewpost.gif
  • DreamBreaker
    Options
    True, but then it's do you save up even more and hope for price drops that are big enough to make a nice difference that you can start up that ladder higher up. Or do what a lot of people do which is start somewhere lower and work your way up.

Not a choice I'd want to make for someone. Whenever and whereever someone buys they've got to be sure they're going to be happy in their new home.

Also, I grew up on council estates as a kid, I earn over the average wage and bought my first property on a council estate. There's nothing wrong with a lot of them.

Thanks thats partly what I said, why do people these days want the best immediately, I didn't get that and many others didn't. On that wage he should be able to afford a decent property. What on earth does he want?
  • DreamBreaker
    Options
    hgllgh wrote: »
    If that's the first asking price then an eventual selling price in the current market may be close to around 140K.... propertysnake.co.uk

Still a property price rise then!
  • DreamBreaker
    Options
    dolce_vita wrote: »
    You are in for a rude awakening.

And a lesson in economic cycles.

Pray your right sounds like you need to be!
  • DreamBreaker
    Options
    boinging wrote: »
    What tosh! I am actively looking to buy. This will be my 3rd house, but I saw this coming and got out and went into rented. As every month passes, not only is what I can get for my money becoming more substantial but also the desposit is sat earning interest.

lol as I say you just proved my point. You do not currently own a house you are waiting to buy and are in rented? What on earth did you hope prove with that point ?
  • boinging_2
    Options
    You never dind unless you are skap7309 viewpost.gif

The point is you think that property prices are not going to decrease by much (even though we are now 3 - 4% down in a quarter).

I do, I think that with the current conditions economically 10%+ price reductions on asking prices is where we will be. With actual sale prices being 15% off asking prices today.

If you don't agree, then fine, you keep to your train of thought. I believe I'm doing the right thing. Maybe we'll have to come back on here in 12 months to see who was right?
    Keep the right company because life's a limited business.
  • Romani_Ite_Domum
    Options
    Don't waste your time, its obviously some sort of idiot trying to misquote me!!!

Put any discussion of a market correction into one tread and then come up with this idiot to rubbish it. Might as well just go back to the main board to discuss house prices. After all they are coming down now so why not?
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    I would not say all people who don't believe that the housing market is going to crash are "head in the sand brigade" so won't stay around. It's just the vast majority of people who own a house already could not really give a sh*t what happens to house prices.

Why are you insisting on trolling the board then? :confused:
  • dolce_vita
    dolce_vita Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Options
    tr3mor wrote: »
    Why are you insisting on trolling the board then? :confused:

I think it has been safely established that "dreamer" is just an HPI cheerleader who has no idea about the cyclic nature of property prices and is best ignored.
    dolce vita's stock reply templates

#1. The people that run these "sell your house and rent back" companies are generally lying thieves and are best avoided

#2. This time next year house prices in general will be lower than they are now

#3. Cheap houses are a good thing not a bad thing
  • Snow_Dog
    Snow_Dog Posts: 690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dolce_vita wrote: »
    I think it has been safely established that "dreamer" is just an HPI cheerleader who has no idea about the cyclic nature of property prices and is best ignored.

I think it has been safely established that "dreamer" is a noisy poster that could probably carry a 16 way discussion in an empty room.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport