IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vehicle Control Services

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes go onto the https://www.myparkingcharge website, and find the way to contact them.

Re defending a possible small claim, that does not affect your mortgage one iota! We have a 99% success rate, only two lost in 2017 when fully coached v the likes of VCS.
    I really dont want debt collectors at my door
    As already said - this cannot and DOES NOT happen.
    and also Ive a mortgage renewal coming up at end of year and dont want a silly parking fine to end up costing me a fortune due to CCJ.
    This is NOT a 'parking fine' and a CCJ can't happen even if you lost! As long as you do not ignore any court letters/deadlines, stick around here at ALL stages and if you are a rare person who loses at a hearing, you merely need to finally pay what the Judge says (£150 - £200 all told, no big costs and no CCJ, not a mark stays on your credit record).

The huge majority here (of those who stick around, are fully coached by this forum and who follow all the advice) see PPCs discontinue or the PPC loses and the poster gets their costs.

I am a founder member of the BMPA, and if you are getting lots of advice here, guess what the BMPA will advise you to do? Stay here!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • td23
    td23 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Haha I love this site.. You guys are great. my initial dread over the whole thing has lifted a lot since I came here.

I shall get on with sending that letter and will report back when needed.

Many, many thanks again.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    We love doing this, even females (not guys) like me and LoadsofChildren123.

We are here to help you win, and to put your mind at rest too.

:)
  • td23
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We love doing this, even females (not guys) like me and LoadsofChildren123.

We are here to help you win, and to put your mind at rest too.

:)

I meant guys as in people generally, apologies.. regional slang maybe. no sexism going on here! :-)
  • td23
    Options
    Just an update, spent last night trying to find my details on my parking charge . co. uk. They ask for serial number and also vehicle reg. What I presume is my serial number (has same prefix as the ones mentioned on mpc.co . uk), is not coming up as recognised??? Has anyone ever mentioned this problem before?

Im trying to look on there to find an email adress to send template letter to.

Thanks.
  • td23
    Options
    Having a nightmare.. Cannot find an email address to sent the template to.. The only email address I can find is info@v c s . co. uk which I think is more aimed at potential customers rather than the people they are trying to con.. Cn anyone help? The myparkingcharge website is just not playing ball with my serial. On my letter tho it does say ref no. rather than serial no. There is no serial on the letter. Im confused...
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    How does it say you need to submit the appeal? Do it that way.
  • td23
    Options
    Its says to do so via my parking charge .couk but that is where I am trying to enter my details and its saying not found.... Still struggling..
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    td23 wrote: »
    Its says to do so via my parking charge .couk but that is where I am trying to enter my details and its saying not found.... Still struggling..

If you're presently stymied, take screen shots which may be useful in future. Keep trying over the next few days. You only started your thread just a couple of days ago, it may take a bit of time to show up on their system?

But you are aware, of course, that the prospect of success for an appeal to VCS is the square root of FA?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 February 2018 at 10:12PM
    Options
    Proof that you tried is just as good as appealing to an IPC firm! Same outcome, nothing to worry about because this is just a stepping stone along the way.

Any appeal was never going to get the daft thing cancelled, with an IPC firm.

That's not where these are won; they are won on the small claims track, if they bother to try. No biggie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure