PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S daily Monday 26th February 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I've been awake since Grump left for work at 4. He was quiet enough but the warmth went with him. Youngest will be up and out in less than an hour.

I'm scared to go back to sleep in case I don't wake up early enough for Prodigals doctors appointment. I've set my alarm but have been known to sleep though it. If I don't go to sleep ill be knackered all day and I've got Diva as its childcare day.

What our dear friend Holly has troubled me somewhat. I am going with Prodigal for support but I'm going to have to be careful with what I say. I can't get blamed if things go belly up in the future. It's me that Prodigal lashes out at (not physically) when things go wrong.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all.

Judi, hope this morning goes well for you and Prodigal.

A busy day ahead for me, well a busy week. I am going to work armed with tissues and cold remedies. It looks as though I'll get my working week done before the snow really hits but am going to wear my hefty boots anyway as I have quite a walk after the bus.

Best get my aged arris in gear hope everyone's day is good and my thoughts are winging their way to Holly.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

judi - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark and very cold.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly, he needs to get organised for college.

Dinner last night was a carvery meal, the restaurant was very busy but we found a corner table and all opted for a carvery so didn't wait to long. Dinner tonight will be smoked sausage pasta with creme fraiche sauce and a chicken portion each for the menfolk.

Back to work today - I'm thinking we could be very busy as snow is forecast from tonight - we'll see. Hoping it's not as bad as they are forecasting.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Bitterly cold out but warm and toasty in the house - I put coal on the fire to keep it going overnight and forgot to switch the heating off!

DS1 came over yesterday afternoon, we had 'the chat' and it's all sorted, in the past and we can move on. It is good to see him again and he's going to get in touch with DD to sort things out. DS2 wont be a problem, he's tried in the past and wants us all to be in touch again.

DS1 stayed here last night and left at 5 to get to work, I woke when he went in the shower and couldn't get back to sleep, at least the bed has been stripped, just about to hang the bedding on the airer. I would put it out but I'll be back too late this evening.

All yesterday's throws were dried outside and I cleaned the windows outside, it was such a lovely day.

Hope your appt goes well Judi.
    Feel better soon AOD.

Have a happy Monday. Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Very very cold here this morning probably like most of the country by the sounds of it, we are due snow this week and I am secretly hoping that we get some :o I know a lot of people don't like it but I would love just a little bit.

Off to work for me and the start of my eight day week so not looking forward to it.

Pasta for dinner tonight along with garlic bread and salad which seems daft in this weather but it needs using up.

Camelot glad you had 'the chat' and I hope you can all forget it and move on as a family xx

Have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

Cold but bright here. I’m off to work shortly, teaching until 11am and then straight home. The meter man rang yesterday (Sunday!) to ask if he could today rather than the planned Thursday because of the weather forecast.

I’ve got a couple of exam papers to mark urgently. After that I’ll be pleasing myself. There’s cake to eat and a small but pleasing pile of parcels to open. I was woken in the middle of the night by messages pinging in from my family in Australia- they mean well. :rotfl:

Right, have to get rolling. My thoughts to everyone, happy Monday
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks JUDI. I hope you managed a bit more sleep and all goes well with Prodigal's appointment.

We have the finest of snow flakes falling, just as a warning of what's to come. We are supposed to have the girls for tomorrow's school run but somehow I don't think they will be going to school and, assuming DD can get to work, we will have them all day, We'll see what tomorrow brings in the way of snow but we have been warned of severe disruption in most parts of the country.

I STILL have the pile of ironing waiting as snuggling up with my book won yesterday. I must address it today! I also need to build up on soup stocks for the freezer. Mr TA's pea and ham and my Red Pepper & cheese are top priority.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for the poorlies, carers, sad, worried or lonely. Thinking especially of our dear HOLLY. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tiredmum2
    Options
    Morning all
    Gers Happy Birthday to you x
    Judi good luck at prodigals appointment
    Hugs to all those who need one
    Dolly isn't up but no sign of the dreaded white stuff here in Essex as yet so we will see its quite rare for us to get much but i am dreading it as i worry about mum who says she thinks she has enough food but not sure i checked the cupboards and i think she will be ok
    Dinner tonight pie n mash
    No other plans for today so will just stay in and stay warm
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    GERS you kept quiet about that! I wondered what the parcels were for! Happy Birthday and have a lovely day with lots of cake xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy birthday Gers :cake:
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories