Any advice for a speeding ticket?

Options
Happy Valentines Day to me. Just got a speeding letter through the post. I was going 58mph on the M25 where the speed limit is 50mph.

Really annoyed and reading the letter it makes every effort to provide you with little information and discourage you asking for more.

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So what exactly is the advice you want?
  • IanMSpencer
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day to me. Just got a speeding letter through the post. I was going 58mph on the M25 where the speed limit is 50mph.

Really annoyed and reading the letter it makes every effort to provide you with little information and discourage you asking for more.
    Well, if you were doing 58 then take your lumps, "evidence" will be rock solid in terms of photos.

If you can think of reasons why you are certain this was wrong and you know you were driving at slower speed then go to the pepipoo.com forums where they will be able to walk you through genuine legal arguments rather than misleading speculative ideas for breaking the system. They won't allow judgemental comments there, but they will tell you how it is if you hope that someone has a magic solution for making tickets disappear.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What more information do you need?
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,633 Forumite
    Options
    The letter will ask who was driving the car stated in the letter at the time in question. You reply with who was driving. That is all you do at this point. That is all you are asked to do. What other info do you want?
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Options
    Not quite sure what your question is - but the NIP you have received sounds perfectly standard. You will have been caught speeding by an approved & calibrated device, basically you can only pay up and carry on. Unless, as Wongataa says, you were not the driver, in which case you reply to that effect.

You can request the photographic ( or other ) evidence. However, to do that you need to plead not guilty, entailing a trip to court to prove your case, and all the associated costs : https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q206.htm

Really, unless you're absolutely sure that you were not speeding, and you are convinced there was a fault with the camera or whatever that caught you, then pay the fine, take the points and suck it up.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If the NIP says 58 in a 50 then your speedo will have shown 60+ ... no excuse and no getting away from it.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Options
    Did you receive the NIP within 14 days of the offence?
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Pepipoo Forum is probably your best bet for this.

Sign-up with something that isn't Hotmail, read the intro posts carefully, post in the correct forum and be ready to provide all the info they ask for and if any help can be given, it will.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,567 Forumite
    Options

More information like what? Speed limit 50mph, you were ticketed at 58, so you were likely to be a touch over that also.

Date and time will and costs will be on the ticket. What more do you need?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• facade
    facade Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just fill in the form with who was driving at the time (reads like it was you), sign it and send it back within the 28 days.
    The most likely outcome will be the offer of a course if the driver is eligible.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure