Comments

• takesyourchances
    takesyourchances Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 November 2019 at 11:57PM
    Options
    a6915137 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had mad some investements in some of the coundfunding websites and here is my feed back. The platfornm i have used are:

UOWN
    Yielder
    Property partner.

The best so far is UOWN: dividends paid on time. They also evaluate the property each quarter. in my case the property I am investing in has increase so they add this growth to the monthly rent.

Yielder is the second: they paid the dividends on time and no issue with them so far.

Property partner: They paid the dividends on time but their monthly fees eat up (almost) the monthly rent. Also the share of the property are fluctuating. in my case share droped down so I have actually lost in this platform.

I have started this experiment on March 2019.

any one has used any other platform ?

All Best

I home

I used property partner for a while, had up around 4k in it at one stage, dividends were on time.

I decided to sell out which was easy enough at the time as I did not feel I wanted to put more money in incase of platform problems and I still wanted to increase some property.. I was investing in P2P too and experienced major problems with Collateral, so I took the decision to just focus on S&S ISA investing and not in any P2P or Crowdfunding, so for property exposure I decided to stick to REIT's in my S&S ISA as I feel more confident investing in REIT's over crowdfunding plaltforms.

I am heading towards 15K invested across a few REIT's now and feel outside the physical properties I own it will be REIT holdings for me.
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    The only one I have invested in is The House Crowd which generally seems fine albeit, as they are now predominately property development, the time frame of any returns tends to be later rather than sooner. For example, a development loan may be advertised as 18 months but it could actually be 30 months before it is repaid and whilst this means that interest should continue to accrue, it could be another 12 months minimum before that is paid.

The interest rate paid is attractive (around 10%) but at the moment I’m holding steady, rather than investing any further amounts. Equally, I’m not actively withdrawing either and tend to reinvest any repayments but don’t know whether this is sensible or not... I guess the recent crowdfunding campaign being significantly over subscribed does give me a bit more confidence about the future potential.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • ukinvestor99
    Options
    Thinking of investing? Don't! Uown sister company (Broadley) just went down owing £15 million to the supply chain. Very risky. Yes they say capital is at risk, trust me they mean it.

Google Broadley group and see what comes up!
  • UOWN
    Options
    Regrettably, Broadley's construction company is in the process of liquidation, however, UOWN and our investors are not exposed in any way. Broadley's are not involved in the construction of any of the projects on the platform. UOWN has had no business dealings with them at all.

The Parklane Group, who own a stake in UOWN, also held a stake in Broadleys and this is where the connection ends.

It's a shame that Broadleys has gone into liquidation, not because UOWN is exposed in any way, rather because there are people who through no fault of their own are out of a job.

If you have any questions about this or want to know more please let us know we are more than happy to help. If you still have concerns get in touch with us at anything@uown.co.

Best,

The UOWN team
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am just waiting for the comments from people that went too heavy into physical property funds that they cannot access their money now that most bricks and mortar property funds are suspended from trading.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure