Options

Comments

• GibbsRule_No3
    GibbsRule_No3 Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 February 2018 at 5:02PM
    Options
    fermi wrote: »

No! I won't be having a nice weekend. I will admit I don't change my password, no idea what it was and now no way of getting it back because I no longer have the email account I signed up with. Guess it means eight years of being GibbsRule No3. goes out the window as I will have to sign up again. That name has seen me through a DMP so I am rather attached to it.

In fact they gave me a badge for the 8 years the other day. I guess I'll lose my Paddle No 21 as well.
    Paddle No 21 :wave:
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Me too #nuisance
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    4675 days for me. I guess I shouldn't be proud of it but is that a record?
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine was only 44 days, I wondered what happened so I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Yes, me too. I can't recall it ever happening before.
  • wibblewibble
    Options
    Yup me as well 3000 odd days unchanged but it wouldn't let me reuse my old one as it was "too weak" its been perfectly fine for all those 3000+ days though. I had used an email account I can no longer access so had a LOT of faff to try and reset it but eventually it let me change the email address at the same time as updating the password - which come to think of it wasn't exactly a secure thing if I was someone trying to hack my account now was it? But at least I'm all back in at last.
    Win's so far: Cadburys Mini Eggs £1.09 Pentel Goody Bag £10 , M&S Luxury Hamper £45, 10,000 Tesco clubcard points (£100) :j
  • emptybox
    emptybox Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    They must have been hacked I suppose?
    I don't see any other logical reason why everybody should need to change their password.
  • GibbsRule_No3.
    Options
    Had to sign up again, so have lost my 8 years and Paddle No.21. Probably not many paddle numbers left. Really annoyed with MSE.
    Paddle No 21:wave:
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Likewise.

Any chance of being told what's going on?

If the site's than insecure then probably time to leave.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yep, I had to change mine as well.....was worried it was all above board after the problem the other day with posts going missing etc. Have done it but am a bit worried. Hoping for some reassurance from somebody in the know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure