Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Froglet wrote: »
    Can I also ask a question about sky Q please.I did try to discuss it with the nice chap from Sky this morning but he might as well have been in a different country.I could hardly understand his broad Scottish language !
    We are having a 2tb Q box in a few months time.Been quoted £12 per month extra.As we do not want a second box(ie the multiroom subscription) but will be given a free mini box,are we going to be charged for something we won't use or is that the only option?.

The "free" Q mini box is indeed "free" as they'll try and charge an extra £99 fee for each additional one. Of course you can't keep them as they're only rented.

The £12 a month is for enabling multiroom (whether you have a 2nd box or not), if you try to add Sky Q you'll see an option to add or remove the multiroom part of the deal.

You can ask for that to be removed however it may be part of the deal you've struck and they well try and charge you £199 for the main Q box if you don't take it, as stated above.

BTW, why is it to be installed in a few months?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It!!!8217;s all very expensive and unnecessary. NowTv subscription and pvr is all you need.
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The "free" Q mini box is indeed "free" as they'll try and charge an extra £99 fee for each additional one. Of course you can't keep them as they're only rented.

The £12 a month is for enabling multiroom (whether you have a 2nd box or not), if you try to add Sky Q you'll see an option to add or remove the multiroom part of the deal.

You can ask for that to be removed however it may be part of the deal you've struck and they well try and charge you £199 for the main Q box if you don't take it, as stated above.

BTW, why is it to be installed in a few months?

Because we are getting a new 4k television ready for the World Cup(hubby's idea!!) and I would like the installation on the new television done at the same time.
    Yes he did say I could pay the £199 as a one off instead of the £12 per month.I remember now.It was so hard to understand him! I wanted to have a chat via online as I could have then read it through for it to sink in!
    The other problem is that it seems sky q and the sky app are somehow linked.We do not have any device to download the app,tried on everything we have and no joy.Do not have a smart phone.Senior citizens,no modern phone or I pad!Just need a sky q box,installation for the £30 he quoted and nothing else to complicate things!
  • Froglet
    Options
    That does not sound correct. The mini-box is only available with a Multi-Room subscription. Are you sure you aren't being offered free installation on the assumption you will take Multi-Room?
    Thanks for your reply.i am still getting my head around it all ,hopefully it will become clearer.My post above explains what we have and need .,not au fait with multiroom,extra boxes,sky app etc!
  • Froglet
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You say a free mini box, did you ask if it was free of a monthly charge (is that what you meant by free ), maybe ring again and ask again.
    I think that is what he said but at times I could have done with an interpreter! He said it would be £12 per month extra to what I pay now,which I have just reduced to the new entertainments package.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Froglet wrote: »
    Because we are getting a new 4k television ready for the World Cup(hubby's idea!!) and I would like the installation on the new television done at the same time.
    Yes he did say I could pay the £199 as a one off instead of the £12 per month.I remember now.It was so hard to understand him! I wanted to have a chat via online as I could have then read it through for it to sink in!
    The other problem is that it seems sky q and the sky app are somehow linked.We do not have any device to download the app,tried on everything we have and no joy.Do not have a smart phone.Senior citizens,no modern phone or I pad!Just need a sky q box,installation for the £30 he quoted and nothing else to complicate things!

Ahh, sorry, in that case for 4K TV you do need the £12 multiroom sub (you can leave the mini box in the, well in the box :) ). Don't know why you need the multiroom sub but that's what their website seems to say.

If you're able to get free installation of Q then you can get it by signing up to the Sky VIP scheme on Android or iOS but if you don't have either Sky themselves can do it for you I believe.
  • Froglet
    Options
    Would love to sign up to the VIP scheme.I told the sky chap when I rang that we have been with them about 20 years but we still only got an offer of £30 for installation and not a freebie.I shall try again when we are ready to swap.£30 sounds fair but if it's free,better still !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure