Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

MSE News: Waitrose to scrap "confusing" offer - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Waitrose to scrap "confusing" offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
165 replies 37.1K views

Replies

• mon37mon37 Forumite
    416 posts
    redfox wrote: »
    probably because that is too confusing as well [IMG]Exactly! :rotfl::T[/img]
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigNick wrote: »
    Well, vouchers have arrived and at first looked relevant to my shopping, then turned them over to read the t&c's: Limited to one voucher per transaction. That's right, asWaitrose listened to us and apparently we told them we would really rather not save £10+ per shop, preferring 50p instead or the inconvenience of having to put through several smaller transactions at the till. But that defeats the point of signing up for a card in the first place doesn't it?!

Thats a really strange restriction. Are you sure it is "One voucher per transaction" and not "one voucher of each type per transaction" ( i.e. you can use 1 * money off beans and 1 * money off soup , but not 2 * money off beans ) ?
  • unrecordingsunrecordings Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it means you can't use a 'household cleaning' voucher AND and 'washing up liquid' voucher on a bottle of washing up liquid.

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • VintageHistorianVintageHistorian Forumite
    567 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    dlusman wrote: »
    Thats a really strange restriction. Are you sure it is "One voucher per transaction" and not "one voucher of each type per transaction" ( i.e. you can use 1 * money off beans and 1 * money off soup , but not 2 * money off beans ) ?

The specific wording on the back of mine is;

2. Only one voucher per qualifying transaction can be redeemed in a single transaction by the person named on the voucher and who holds the corresponding My Waitrose card.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2020 - £344.55
  • HaffianaHaffiana Forumite
    729 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well I am UTTERLY confused by the new voucher scheme. Can someone please explain it to me? Can I use the vouchers more than once? Can I use 2 vouchers on two separate items in 1 transaction?

And just in case the Daily Mail or similar is trawling these forums for a cheap and quick story - can someone explain how substituting a simple, easy to understand and USEFUL discount for a confusing, paper wasting, likely-to-get-forgotten voucher system is meant to help ME, the person who actually spends the money and who also chooses where to spend it?

Is Waitrose actually intending to insult the intelligence of its customers? Because it certainly feels like it.
  • MysteryMeMysteryMe Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not happy about this change at all. I made some decent savings with the PYO offers. I did not find it confusing at all. Of the two "tailored" vouchers, only one was. The other was £1 off of a greetings card which is not something I'd be going into Waitrose to buy. I wont be doing as much shopping in there now.
  • MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Waitrose is going right down in my estimation.

They have just introduced a minimum spend of £10 to park in the car park for a maximum of 2 hours after which it is an automatic fine of £70.

You cannot even pay to park anymore if you want to just pop in for a couple of things.

I hope this hits them where it hurts. The car park was half empty the other day.

Our Waitrose is always busy, including the car park. I don’t believe they charge after 6.00 pm. We wouldn’t be going there if we didn’t have enough shopping for £10 and the free tea, coffee and newspaper is a nice bonus;)
  • mon37mon37 Forumite
    416 posts
    Is this £10 spend at Waitrose to park at their car park is for their every store or just specific?
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    mon37 wrote: »
    Is this £10 spend at Waitrose to park at their car park is for their every store or just specific?

Specific stores - ours is still free.
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    MissG80 wrote: »
    I just had a letter from them offering me £2 off loo roll and £1 off yoghurts, plus a load of £4 off £40 vouchers. Useless to me as I never spent more than £40 there in one go, but I did shop there for a handful of basics every week all at 20% off. It's right opposite me so was super convenient. Annoying...the Waitrose effect is wearing off on me but I suppose all good things come to an end.

I assume you know the fact that you never spend over £40 is why you get the vouchers to get you to spend more. We rarely spend over £10 so got £6 off £30, I used the free news paper and the valentines meal offer to bump up my spend and got to £30 fairly easily.